Epic Port in St. Thomas?l

KNATION57

Need help please. We are porting in St. Thomas on the Epic on February 29, 2012. We have plans to sail on the Rumbaba, for the day. We are concerned about getting back to the ship on time. We have a private sail, and it says that it returns to Red Hawk at 2:30; our ship's all aboard is 3:30. It seems that there are two docks that ships port at; I can't figure which one is for the Epic - so I don't know how to confirm if we will make it back on time. Is one hour enough time?

Thanks Much,

Kerry

Hi Kerry! We will be docking at WICO in Havensight (as opposed to Crown Bay) according to port schedules. It's a bit closer to Red Hook than Crown Bay, but barely. (blue_water, our all-aboard is at 3:30, sailing at 4:00.)

Kerry, is this a private charter? Maybe you can talk to the charter company and see if he can drop you closer to Havensight or perhaps even return to Red Hook a bit earlier. That's the beauty of a private charter - it's customizable. If it's a group sailing booked privately (meaning you aren't chartering the whole boat) I would talk to the charter company and see what they say - maybe they can have a taxi waiting for you ready to go at 2:30.. It's always a bit chancey to take a private tour, but those tour operators don't like having their passengers miss the ship - it's just bad business - so they should be conservative in their estimates of whether it might be too tight for you.

Robin

Yes the operator is the expert, contact them. Red Hook is 30 min from Havensight on a normal day so I would want to be back in RH by 2PM to be safe. But see what they say, maybe they can adjust the times and omit one stop if there are enough cruisers on the boat.

Big thanks to you all; you have answered my question. The Charter Operator is the one that told me 2:30. But after reading all your comments I feel more comfortable at 2:00. Having the Captain phone for cab prior to us porting is a great idea! It's a private Sail so coming in early will not be problem. Again thanks.

Best,

Kerry

Archived