Anyone have a wine tasting tour recommendation?

Will be in Livorno on June 2nd and definitely want to do a wine tour - anyone have any recommendations? I have found only 1 good one through Verbena Blu Viaggi - they do a 7 hour tour thru Chianti inclusive of all tastings and lunch. Anyone have other suggestions? I also would like to do something similar in Portofino but cannot find anything there...Thanks for your help!

Here are a couple of links after doing a web search (goggle). I have not taken any of these tours but they may be places for you to check out.

http://www.italyandwine.net

http://www.cellartastings.com/en/home

There were a lot more but these seemed to be the ones most oriented for what you were asking.

Have a great next cruise.

Just to stress/add a point to Claudia's posting about wine tours....wine tours in Europe are very different then those in the US/Canada, and specifically California. On the whole, there is no "oh here's a winery, let's pull over, go in and taste some wines". It is very much a "we have booked a time and we are here for our wine appointment".

Also a lot of wineries will not sell the wine your have just tasted to you from "their store". So that great Brunello you tried will have to be shipped, or obtained through the importer in the US/Canada.

If you are planning on wine touring, have an itinerary set up with your driver/company you are booking with in advance.

Elin

Archived