Booking an unborn child???

B_Mc

I'm sure my TA can answer this, but looking for personal experience! I'm wondering if anyone has booked a cruise including a child not yet born? Which cruise line was easy to deal with, which was a hassle?

We're looking at cruising when the current bun in the oven is 6 months, but we want to book ASAP to take advantage of cabin selection and better pricing.

TIA!

You will book "Bun in the Oven" as "TBA"

Just make sure you book enough time so BItO will be (over) 6months... even One day shy they will (and have) deny bording...

so give yourself a week or so cousion... (unless your scheduled and know the exact date...if so, and you know they name you could book as usual...)

have fun...enjoy!

You will book "Bun in the Oven" as "TBA"

Just make sure you book enough time so BItO will be (over) 6months... even One day shy they will (and have) deny bording...

so give yourself a week or so cousion... (unless your scheduled and know the exact date...if so, and you know they name you could book as usual...)

have fun...enjoy!

Good to know! We're actually aiming to cruise around 7-8 months so timing shouldn't be an issue....he can't be THAT late!!!!

Carnival did not allow me to book my child without knowing the name and date of birth. This was 2 years ago. We booked myself and hubby, booked a room that holds 3 and then when he was born we added him to the cabin and had to deposit another $200. Timeline was we booked July 09, Baby was born October 09 and we sailed November 10.

We booked on RCI Independence before our son was born he was just put as infant with correct surname then had to change name and put DOB once he was born. It was quite stressful as he needed to be born ontime or early for us to go because of the 6 mth rule

• 1 month later...

Just an update, in case anyone else is interested....we booked the still-cooking baby yesterday and it was easy. The RCI phone agent didn't know what to do, but found out in about 3 seconds that "TBA TBA" (first name and last name) was acceptable and I have up until 3 days before sailing to update them with the name and birth date.

Lucky little duck, isn't he??? Booked on his first cruise prenatally....

I also learned that babies under 1 year cannot sail on trips with more than 3 consecutive nights at sea. I had heard they had different rules for TA but I didn't know the specifics!

It's definitely better to get the booking in place for the baby-to-be just to make sure there's a space reserved, even if you get a 3-person cabin.

There's another thread on the family board in which the father didn't reserve the 18-mo's berth, and at the last minute discovered that they didn't add the kid.

Let's see, 5.5 years ago on Disney. Pretty easy, we knew the name, and just used TBA as the birthdate. Once he was born, had it updated to the correct birth date, and away we went!

Actually, we had to put a deposit on two cruises, if he came just a wee bit late he wouldn't be old enough for #1, and if he came a wee bit early then my wife's maternity leave would expire before cruise #2 ended.

Archived