British Colonial Hilton Nassau’s Day Pass

ljzelenz

Most end around 5 or 6pm .. In the winter.. it's dark by 5pm..

Hilton bar/grill closes at 5... I think Sheraton does as well.

Arriving that late, I wouldn't pay for a day pass... there are public beaches you can use for a couple of hours.

Thank you, that's what I figured. We've been to Nassau before and took a nice tour with this great tour guide named Showtime. Maybe this time we'll do a walking tour and hit the Fish Fry first thing for lunch.

The earliest time of year we've ever sailed is mid March, so si should be interesting sailing in the middle of winter from NJ. Brrrrrr

Thank you, that's what I figured. We've been to Nassau before and took a nice tour with this great tour guide named Showtime. Maybe this time we'll do a walking tour and hit the Fish Fry first thing for lunch.

The earliest time of year we've ever sailed is mid March, so si should be interesting sailing in the middle of winter from NJ. Brrrrrr

Karen, we are sailing on the same day. Miracle from Manhattan. Have never sailed in the winter either. And...my name is Karen, my brother's name is Pete and we named our son Pete after him, and....we live in northern NJ (Ridgewood) :eek::eek: But I guess we won't see you in Nassau! :rolleyes:

Karen, we are sailing on the same day. Miracle from Manhattan. Have never sailed in the winter either. And...my name is Karen, my brother's name is Pete and we named our son Pete after him, and....we live in northern NJ (Ridgewood) :eek::eek: But I guess we won't see you in Nassau! :rolleyes:

And I grew up in Waldwick! Live in Wayne now.

Edited by pegasusa

And I grew up in Waldwick! Live in Wayne now.

Both sets of grandparents and mom and dad born and brought up in Ridgewood. When my parents married, my dad was in the Army, so I was born in Fort Benning, GA, but when he was discharged they bought their lst house in.....WALDWICK! 75 Lincoln Place. After saving some $, they sold that house and we moved to Ridgewood. I grew up here and live here now also. And my cousins lived in....WAYNE! They moved in 1973 to FL. They lived at 15 Hershey Drive. It was all new construction at that time. They actually built the split level they lived in.

Both sets of grandparents and mom and dad born and brought up in Ridgewood. When my parents married, my dad was in the Army, so I was born in Fort Benning, GA, but when he was discharged they bought their lst house in.....WALDWICK! 75 Lincoln Place. After saving some $, they sold that house and we moved to Ridgewood. I grew up here and live here now also. And my cousins lived in....WAYNE! They moved in 1973 to FL. They lived at 15 Hershey Drive. It was all new construction at that time. They actually built the split level they lived in.

Ha, I babysat a family on Lincoln, but I don't remember the number. Maybe you were neighbors! We lived on the corner of Franklin Tpke and Park. I went to Traphagen and then the HS. Moved when I married and our first home was in Edgewater and we lived there for 21 years and moved up to Wayne 10 years ago.

Ha, I babysat a family on Lincoln, but I don't remember the number. Maybe you were neighbors! We lived on the corner of Franklin Tpke and Park. I went to Traphagen and then the HS. Moved when I married and our first home was in Edgewater and we lived there for 21 years and moved up to Wayne 10 years ago.

Yep, that was my "alma mater" aka K -2nd grade. I thought it was Trapenhagen, but it was a long time ago lol. I think you lived down from us. I don't think you would have babysat us cuz we had both grandparents in RWD. Small world. ENJOY your cruise! Love RCI, but we get so many "perks" being platinum on CCL that we cruise exclusively with them and from Manhattan because we are 20 minutes from the terminal. Hope it's a WARM WINTER like last year! ;)

Where are the private beaches? and how do we get there? :D

Since they are private.. you CAN'T get there. Private beaches, such as Lyford Cay, are not open to the pubic.

If you are talking about the Hilton, it's located downtown near the cruiseship. You pay for a day pass $55pp. (includes a voucher for lunch).

Hilton is a small, quiet property. It's a business hotel, not a big resort.

Perfect for relaxing, sunning or just chillin' out.

Arriving that late, I wouldn't pay for a day pass... there are public beaches you can use for a couple of hours.

Trying to find something for my son, GF & 2 1/2 yr old. Will be in Nassau in 1 1/2 wks on Dream, which I believe departs at 2:00 p.m. They were thinking Hilton day pass but I don't see where that is worth given the amt. of time.

Is there a public beach that they could walk to from the ship that you would recommend or do they have to head over to Paradise Island? Trying to keep things easy since traveling with a little one.

Trying to find something for my son, GF & 2 1/2 yr old. Will be in Nassau in 1 1/2 wks on Dream, which I believe departs at 2:00 p.m. They were thinking Hilton day pass but I don't see where that is worth given the amt. of time.

Is there a public beach that they could walk to from the ship that you would recommend or do they have to head over to Paradise Island? Trying to keep things easy since traveling with a little one.

There's a public beach just past the Hilton. (Junkanoo Beach) It's an easy walk from the pier.

Does the pass include umbrellas or chairs? If not, can they be rented and what is the cost?

Hotels with Day passes provide chairs, some umbrellas.

HIlton has covered day beds, cabanas and palapas.

Sheraton has palapas and a few umbrellas.

Free beaches have chairs for rent. Haven't seen umbrellas lately.

Thinking of doing this on my cruise next month. Was going to head to Junkanoo, but like this idea better, especially since we're in port 8-5. Assume the weather is still warm enough to go in the water? :p

We're going in February. Kind of "worried" about the same thing. Never cruised in the winter to Bahamas before. And out of NY no less! :eek::eek::eek:

We're going in February. Kind of "worried" about the same thing. Never cruised in the winter to Bahamas before. And out of NY no less! :eek::eek::eek:

Winter months can be a bit cool if we get a cold front. Water temps run around 70, but it can be breezy when you get out of the water..

Thanks Scubagirl. We live 20 minutes from Port of Manhattan and believe me, February is NOT a fun month up here! :mad: Don't really care about swimming, but just hope the weather is warm enough to sit on the beach or the pool and just get away from the winter. ;) You answered a couple of my :confused: about Nassau and appreciate it.

Thanks Scubagirl. We live 20 minutes from Port of Manhattan and believe me, February is NOT a fun month up here! :mad: Don't really care about swimming, but just hope the weather is warm enough to sit on the beach or the pool and just get away from the winter. ;) You answered a couple of my :confused: about Nassau and appreciate it.

I know what you mean.. My family home is on Long Ilsand, new york. out on the North Fork.. Winters are not fun at all...

Thanks for the info. But I'm betting even if it is cold by your standards, we'll think its lovely. :)

Generally... it is lovely.. low to mid 70's..

Cold fronts can bring it down to the low - mid 50's.. not so lovely if you are planning a beach day..

My first trip to the bahamas from NY was in the winter.. it was 45 in NY.. and 47 in Nassau when I arrived. I wanted my money back... next day it was high 70's.. go figure.

I just booked the Hilton for my family on 11/2. I've done the Sheraton and I liked it, but wanted to try something different and within walking distance. I read in one of the other threads that when they checked out the beach at the Hilton, there was a lot of seaweed at the beach.

Can anyone who's been there recently confirm the condition of the beach? From what I see in pictures, it looks really nice.

• 8 months later...

I have been checking into the day pass for the BCH. We are deciding if day pass is the thing to do or not. We would like to do a little shopping in Nassau and beach time. The BCH day pass seems like a good deal, it looks beautiful and it is within walking distance correct? Can anyone give me directions to BCH, do we pass shops heading to it? We are traveling on the Pride the first week of September. Friends told us not to miss Atlantis, but if all we really care about is relaxing on beach for a few hours is it worth the $$ for Atlantis? We will be on the Pride the first week of September. Just in Nassau one day, till about 8pm, then Freeport the next day. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks;)

• 1 year later...

We just booked this for our January cruise. BCH is a 10 minute walk from the ship. It's located next to Senor Frogs. You will pass many shops and the straw market along the way. The $65 day-pass includes a $40 food/drink voucher. They supply towels so no need to bring the ones from the ship.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app