Does NCL sell charms?

One of the neat things your cruise and shopping consultant on board will arrange for you is a free charm bracelet from Diamonds International... with which you can obtain free charms from each DI you visit on most ports of your cruise. Each port has a different charm and it makes for a great souvenir.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.477421,-72.554670

One of the neat things your cruise and shopping consultant on board will arrange for you is a free charm bracelet from Diamonds International... with which you can obtain free charms from each DI you visit on most ports of your cruise. Each port has a different charm and it makes for a great souvenir.

I hadn't heard about this; it seems like there would be some type of catch. What does the bracelet look like? Any more info you can share? Thanks!

I don't know about the free bracelet but I have gotten some free sterling charms from a few jewelry stores on some of the islands. I remember there being a flier in your stateroom that if you went to such-and-such store you would get a free charm. They were nice charms and I added them to my charm bracelet (which I have had since 1966) I still look for charms to document special occasions and travels. It's gotten quite heavy!

But I have not seen NCL ship charms onboard. Too bad. I do have a ship one from Grand Cayman so that will have to do.

The Pride of Hawaii carried a few charms. I purchased a gold turtle charm in the jewelry shop on board, then during one of the port stops, I found the same charm in the jewelry department at Walmart at a much lower price. After that I decided to look at port first, and if I don't find something I like - or at a good price, then I'll purchase on board if there is something I like.

Oohhh, it would be so cool if there were NCL charms!

I hadn't heard about this; it seems like there would be some type of catch. What does the bracelet look like? Any more info you can share? Thanks!

You attend a shopping seminar on board. Then you go to Diamonds International to pick it up. Yes they will try to sell you something else while you are in their store. But the store we were in they weren't pushy and we just said no thank you.

The catch is to get you in the DI store and hope you buy something.

Archived