rcl Liberty May3rd anyone?

8214 (Cat. F) is a large oceanview stateroom, located at the very front of the ship.

Personally, I wouldn't pick that room, because it is too far forward. You will have a very long walk every morning for breakfast and every night for dinner. My last time on LOS, I had cabin 6550. It was a short walk to forward stairway and down one deck to the forward end of the Promenade, which was nice, but a long walk every morning and evening to eat in the MDR and WJ.

Did you book this as a triple? I recommend choosing another category and pick a cabin that is midship location. JMO

Also, a cabin that far forward and on deck 8 might not be a good choice for first timers. If it is choppy in the Med, you will feel the motion more in a forward cabin. The lower decks and midship are best for less motion.

You should be able to call your travel agent and change your cabin location. It's an easy change for TA to make, so don't let him/her make it sound like it's too difficult to change.

If you are booked in a double cabin, then I suggest booking a PR - promenade cabin on deck 7. They are all located midship and have nice view of the promenade. They're great for people watching. Plus cost less than cat. F.

Here's the link for Liberty's Roll Call threads.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=398

Look through it for your date. I wasn't able to take time enough to find it or I'd have posted that link for you. You'll want to use that particular thread for the best results and to meet fellow CC folks that will be cruising with you.

Enjoy! :)

8214 I think. looks like a long walk!

I was in this cabin in october!!!

It is a fair walk, but that means it is quite quiet as there is nothign but cabins around.

we had no noise from above or below, and didnt feel a lot of movement.

a good cabin!

forgot to say... while we sailed in october there were 55mph wids and they shut the decks off for 2 nights... yet we still felt very little movement in our cabin.

whereas in may we were in cabin 6481 on the liberty and felt a LOT more, despite the winds being less severe!

Why are so many people opposed to walking on a cruise ship? We had a forward cabin on Explorer and it was phenominal. We had the cabin next to the bridge on Brilliance, Deck 10, also fabulous. Walking is not a big deal... helps keep the extra pounds off. ;)

i LOVED having to walk down the promenade for dinner, all dressed up!

Archived