children please any info :)

Disneycruiser#1

We are on the Glory this summer and our sons will be 4 and 7. This will be our first time to St. Thomas. We have been to the western so many times we do not get off.....we were suppose to do the eastern route over Labor Day on Princess CP but because of the hurricane had to head west and stay west for many extra day (lol).......

I am not sure to book through CCL an excursion. But we are looking for something through CCL or to do on our own like Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman or Chakanab in Cozumel..........

our boys just want are young and just want to swim and play in the sand. I want a chair, soft drink and bathrooms.

We always do excursions on our but I am actually thinking of doing these through Carnival?

I have narrowed it down to Coki Beach and the Skyride to Paradise Point thru Carnival OR

Megan's Bay on our own and then the Skyride......any input would be appreciated :)

DC

Megan's Bay on our own then the Sky

if you're interested in a "beach day" in St. Thomas you may want to scroll down a bit, as there are some great threads about the best and "not so best" beaches in St. Thomas

From reading all the info here and other cruise message boards, we've decided on Sapphire beach.

Thank you Islander. Would you have a preference over Sapphire Beach and Magen's Bay? Once again our sons will just have turned 4 and 7. Will we have time to to the Skyride to Paradise as well as the beach (and you recommend that for little ones)?

Thank you again!!!

DC :)

Hello DC,

I would go with Magens Bay with little kids. The water deepens very gradually, is typically very calm, you can rent floats for them to play on. No snorkeling there though if that was important to you.

I see Sapphire as a more teen friendly, adult friendly beach. There are lots of watersports (jet skis, windsurfing, parasailing). It’s a small beach, not much room for kids to run around - at Magens the beach is about a mile long so you can take a nice walk along the shore.

If snorkeling is important then go with Sapphire. Things the kids might like there are the iguanas and ducks. Walk over to the left of the beach and then in the back of the tree line there is a man-made little lake in front of hotel rooms and there are usually ducks there and iguanas. The kids might get a kick out of seeing them. There are often lots of kids at Sapphire and Magens -and they seem to always be having fun playing in the water and sand. So which ever you choose have fun ;) and be satisfied with your choice.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Archived