Is it worth getting off the ship on cocoa cay?

FIDDLE2FADDLE

I've never been to HMC , so I'm taking it on faith that everyone who loves HMC isn't playing a joke. I even rented a cabana.

Disney's Castaway Cay is THE best IMO. Absolute perfection...and they dock rather than tender....if it were HMC I would get off in a minute...it's beautiful.

Absolutely, Castaway Cay "is THE best"! As you can see from my signature line, been there and done that. I would love to do it again once we can afford a Disney Cruise again.

I've never been to HMC , so I'm taking it on faith that everyone who loves HMC isn't playing a joke. I even rented a cabana.

Absolutely, Castaway Cay "is THE best"! As you can see from my signature line, been there and done that. I would love to do it again once we can afford a Disney Cruise again.

Half Moon Cay is just as beautiful but not done up to the Disney level...Disney never skimps on anything...couldn't believe it when I was in the show lounge on the ship and snow started falling...Disney is known for being over the top...but you do pay for it. I remember saying to myself that I never wanted to leave...I wanted to live at Castaway Cay. I wasn't joking...I did NOT want to leave. Keeping things in relative perspective, HMC is not a joke...you don't buy an island as a punchline. It's stunning. Wish I were going.

Definitely check it out. The water is beautiful! However, if you like snorkeling out of the beach, there are not a lot of fishes. Btw, if you're planning to rent a cabana for the purpose of getting shade from the sun, I don't think it's worth it. Since the cabanas are open, it barely offered any shade in the afternoon. I hope they hang some draping or tarp that one can close to get some shade.

IMG_0320-520x325.jpg

IMG_0357-520x325.jpg

IMG_0319-520x390.jpg

Archived