Is it worth getting off the ship on cocoa cay?

FIDDLE2FADDLE

We don't want to swim, just stretch our legs.

You know you posted on Carnival's boards right? CocoCay is a Royal Caribbean exclusive island.

CocoCay has a small straw market, some nice beaches, a few bars, and a nature walk. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. It is a relaxing place.

You do have to tender to the island though.

If you are wondering about Carnival's island, Half-Moon, somebody else will have to respond.

You know you posted on Carnival's boards right? CocoCay is a Royal Caribbean exclusive island.

CocoCay has a small straw market, some nice beaches, a few bars, and a nature walk. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. It is a relaxing place.

You do have to tender to the island though.

If you are wondering about Carnival's island, Half-Moon, somebody else will have to respond.

Oh Gosh, I did mean Half-Moon, my bad - thanks for answering.

I loved Coco Cay, not a whole lot to see, but you can walk the island and stretch your legs, the water is beautiful, lots of chairs to catch some rays. Lots of photo ops and the beach bbq was fun. Why not?

Sorry, I meant Half Moon Cay - thanks for replying though.

YES, YES, YES !!! If you get away from all the drinks, the crowds, and get to the part of the island that is less crowded. Most of the people stay around the bars and the buffett. Follow the roads to the back side of the island or take the free jitney. It is a beautiful island and many secluded places. Also there is about a 20 foot dry well. BUT you have to go on a Royal Caribbean Ship to stop at Cocoa Cay .... and you don't have to swim. Whatever cruise line you go on,have a wonderful cruise.

Half Moon Cay is gorgeous...why would you not want to get off...even for a little bit.

I haven't been there yet, but I agree. Why not get off and check it out. If for some reason you don't like it you can get right back on the ship.

We tried just relaxing in chairs - but that beautiful water was just toooo inviting - shallow, sand is soft - bbq lunch was decent for freeee

Would do again! However in we do know that in december at least for two years - tendering back can be reallly rough

It was not overcrowded = we were on a HAL ship

We have been to RCCl, Carnival, Princess and NCL private islands and in my opinion Half Moon Kay is by far the best. Go and you will have a great time.

BTW I'm not a beach person but loved it anyway.

Don't skip HMC! It is like stepping into a living postcard.. there are trails to meandor through if you don't care to swim, but do take your beach gear because the water is nearly impossible to resist...sheer Caribbean bliss!

I think Half Moon Cay is the best of the private islands--better than Coco Cay and Princess Cay.

Disney's Castaway Cay is THE best IMO. Absolute perfection...and they dock rather than tender. That being said...The past two cruises I haven't even gotten off the ship at any port...if it were HMC I would get off in a minute...it's beautiful.

Archived