Covered balcony question

MsB1254

I recently booked a Jr. suite guarantee on the Emerald Princess for January 2013. I rarely book a guarantee since I like to know the location of my cabin. I have sailed on only the Ruby Princess previously and I seem to remember that some cabins were uncovered. Is that the case with the mini-suites? Thank you for your help.

I recently booked a Jr. suite guarantee on the Emerald Princess for January 2013. I rarely book a guarantee since I like to know the location of my cabin. I have sailed on only the Ruby Princess previously and I seem to remember that some cabins were uncovered. Is that the case with the mini-suites? Thank you for your help.

When you say "junior suite", are you referring to a mini? Minis on Dolphin deck are all uncovered. Minis on Emerald aft are covered. It is unlikely that your guarantee will give you one of those Emerald cabins, since they are in demand and fill quickly.

You might get lucky to get an Emerald deck mini suite if whoever booked one of those gets a great upgrade or cancels. You usually have to book those fairly early to get one. All the minis on Dolphin deck are uncovered. If you want a nice covered balcony, Caribe deck has the largest but they are just regular cabins and suites.

Thanks for your replies. I ended up taking cabin Emerald 726. Deciding to go with a sure thing instead of hoping for an upgrade. I like to gamble a little but not so much on cabin location I guess.

Good for you! Hope you enjoy that general location as much as I have. I like being aft of the aft elevators ....... tends to be a quiet area with little foot traffic in the corridor.

Archived