Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

[quote name='Bearded Engineer']The lifting cables from M30 to the blister have gone slack. They must have the blister secure enough to no longer need support from M30[/quote]
If you zoom in slightly with the 'new' webcam, you can just see the top section of the Portside blister straight above the Voe Earl vessel, resting against or attached to CC's bow section.

It makes it slightly more clear how Sponsons P1 & P2 will then attach to the vertical face of the blister & possibly CC's top bow section (after the Parbuckle) & line up with the other sponsons already in place.

Theoretically two weeks tomorrow for 'The Parbuckle'!

As has been recently mentioned, I do so hope that straight after the Parbuckle a successful effort/attempt will be made to locate & recover the two missing persons. Edited by CTH

[quote name='MorganMars']Haven't been posting, but I do come and read. Just came across this link tonight and thought I would share. My apologies if it has already been posted.

[URL]http://heiwaco.tripod.com/news8.htm[/URL]

Scroll down to skip the stuff about Schettino and there are some interesting graphics and speculation that the parbuckling may fail.

[URL]http://heiwaco.tripod.com/news811.htm[/URL]

I have only skimmed the site, so I am hoping that others with more time can read it and report.

Thanks in advance,
MorganMars[/quote]

It appears to be written by a knowledgeable person with a whole lot of time on his hands and an ax to grind. Most of his argument is based on assumptions with very few facts. Edited by Bearded Engineer

[quote name='Bearded Engineer']It appears to be written by a knowledgeable person with a whole lot of time on his hands and an ax to grind. Most of his argument is based on assumptions with very few facts.[/QUOTE]

Some months ago I read some of the other "reports" this man publishes on his website. It would seem he has little real facts at hand, little evidence, but makes loads of assumptions, he sounds very much like a know all and conspiracy theorist. This man doubts in earnest that the Hiroshima bomb never was, any atomic bomb does not work, we never flew to the moon and 9/11 was mostly fake. Ahh well....

Some months ago I read some of the other "reports" this man publishes on his website. It would seem he has little real facts at hand, little evidence, but makes loads of assumptions, he sounds very much like a know all and conspiracy theorist. This man doubts in earnest that the Hiroshima bomb never was, any atomic bomb does not work, we never flew to the moon and 9/11 was mostly fake. Ahh well....

He is what we would normally refer to as a Wingnut.

Hopefully a record of all the Salvage work will be recorded by a TV company to show the work and effort put in by all those who hopefully will achieve their goal of putting Concordia back in the upright position and the final removal to its destination.

On another note on Salvage has anyone been watching the documentary about the Ocean Oddysey and their attempts to recover items from three ships one of which is the original HMS Victory that sank in the mid 1700`s.

With the help of the Seabed worker (ship from Bergen in Norway) they cut open the deck and cross beams of the SS Gairsopa 4,700 metres down on the seabed from the control room of Seabed worker to gain access to the hold, they recovered 46 Tons of Silver Ingots/Bars worth in the region of £28 Million.

It was amazing to watch them open up a ship so far down from the seabed worker.

Haven't been posting, but I do come and read. Just came across this link tonight and thought I would share. My apologies if it has already been posted.

http://heiwaco.tripod.com/news8.htm

Scroll down to skip the stuff about Schettino and there are some interesting graphics and speculation that the parbuckling may fail.

http://heiwaco.tripod.com/news811.htm

I have only skimmed the site, so I am hoping that others with more time can read it and report.

Thanks in advance,

MorganMars

I read this last night and decided to hold off on commenting. Was he being sarcastic, serious, or just spewing gibberish. I went back this morning to see if I changed my first thoughts. They remained the same this morning. He may be serious but it comes off as gibberish.

He's a nut! :rolleyes:

Clive, remote operated camera is good. :D

Hopefully a record of all the Salvage work will be recorded by a TV company to show the work and effort put in by all those who hopefully will achieve their goal of putting Concordia back in the upright position and the final removal to its destination.

On another note on Salvage has anyone been watching the documentary about the Ocean Oddysey and their attempts to recover items from three ships one of which is the original HMS Victory that sank in the mid 1700`s.

With the help of the Seabed worker (ship from Bergen in Norway) they cut open the deck and cross beams of the SS Gairsopa 4,700 metres down on the seabed from the control room of Seabed worker to gain access to the hold, they recovered 46 Tons of Silver Ingots/Bars worth in the region of £28 Million.

It was amazing to watch them open up a ship so far down from the seabed worker.

Hi Sidari.

Haven't heard of any documentary here about the Oddysey.

I have seen news reports here on the recovery of the silver bars.

Thanks Micki, that's the 2nd time this year I have been right, doesn't quite make up for the 20 times I was wrong.

With social media, spelling mistakes are allowed, however when you are writing serious report at least press the spellcheck. Not sure he ever spelt sponson correct, we had spoonson and sponsoon and I am still waiting for an explanation as to what an "illegal watertight door" is.

He seems to be that very dangerous individual "an expert" which can be defined as ex- a has been and spurt - a drip under pressure.

Hi SB ... There are quite a few of the programmes on Sky TV if you can get them, just watched the first one on the Lusitania seems that either the Irish Navy or UK Navy depth charged the ship for 2 weeks back in the 1950`s .. :eek: you can clearly see an unexploded one on the hull.

I watched all three parts of that. I think the silver recovery was the only sucessful job of the three in the end. At least until if they can or do return the next season.

I love all the ocean documentary stuff. There was something in the news last week that there has been something spotted on the ocean floor that suggests it may be Amelia Earhart's plane. Maybe that will also turn into a show.

Sent from my Vox using Forums mobile app

It appears to be written by a knowledgeable person with a whole lot of time on his hands and an ax to grind. Most of his argument is based on assumptions with very few facts.

Thanks, everyone. I had a chance to take a closer look this morning and agree with all of you. Good grief, he's got close to 20 loooong pages of this stuff!:rolleyes:

Mmmm . . . Only able to multiquote two of you. :confused: Oh, well. thanks to all who read and posted.

I read this last night and decided to hold off on commenting. Was he being sarcastic, serious, or just spewing gibberish. I went back this morning to see if I changed my first thoughts. They remained the same this morning. He may be serious but it comes off as gibberish.

He's a nut! :rolleyes:

Clive, remote operated camera is good. :D

Me a nut? Actually I know exactly what I am talking about after 40+ years in shipping, crusing, ferrying, you name it. Safety at sea is my biz.

So thanks for linking to me!

If that is your write up that I read, I'm curious to know if you're an Engineer?

If this is indeed the author of that website then there is no point in arguing with him. These links to his previous statements tell you everything you need to know:

https://sites.google.com/site/wtc7lies/home/anders-bjorkman-s-world

If this is indeed the author of that website then there is no point in arguing with him. These links to his previous statements tell you everything you need to know:

https://sites.google.com/site/wtc7lies/home/anders-bjorkman-s-world

The word 'waco ' in his username explains a lot

Sent from my 1018 using Tapatalk 2

BE, I'm afraid to go to your link since it seems reading his stuff linked him to this site. That is something I didn't expect. While I appreciate anyone that looks for safety measures in any form, he went too far for me.

I just can't go along with anyone that looks to blame the ship. That doesn't mean that designers can't learn from what happened because any accident can be learned from. Concordia made many cruises safely until Captain Schettino decided to set a course without proper navigational charts to do the stunt and then left the Bridge for an extended period of time. His lack of attention created this disaster. He compounded it by his actions afterwards with his actions, or lack of.

When he went further to cast much of the blame on the others on the Bridge, he really lost me. If he really believed they were that incompetent, why did he leave the Bridge? I don't believe he set out to cause this disaster; he set out to show off. But the accident happened and he is responsible.

As far as the parbuckle, Mr Sloane has said they expect lots of creaking and cracking noises. This is a never before attempted project that has been well studied. With luck it will go as planned but anything can happen to change that.

BE, I'm afraid to go to your link since it seems reading his stuff linked him to this site. That is something I didn't expect. While I appreciate anyone that looks for safety measures in any form, he went too far for me.

I just can't go along with anyone that looks to blame the ship. That doesn't mean that designers can't learn from what happened because any accident can be learned from. Concordia made many cruises safely until Captain Schettino decided to set a course without proper navigational charts to do the stunt and then left the Bridge for an extended period of time. His lack of attention created this disaster. He compounded it by his actions afterwards with his actions, or lack of.

When he went further to cast much of the blame on the others on the Bridge, he really lost me. If he really believed they were that incompetent, why did he leave the Bridge? I don't believe he set out to cause this disaster; he set out to show off. But the accident happened and he is responsible.

As far as the parbuckle, Mr Sloane has said they expect lots of creaking and cracking noises. This is a never before attempted project that has been well studied. With luck it will go as planned but anything can happen to change that.

It is not a link to his site. It is a gathering of links to various posts he made on message boards that show his complete lack of engineering knowledge. Most of them dealt with his outlandish theories on the collapse of the World Trade Center on 9/11

It is not a link to his site. It is a gathering of links to various posts he made on message boards that show his complete lack of engineering knowledge. Most of them dealt with his outlandish theories on the collapse of the World Trade Center on 9/11

Aahh, ok, gotcha.

I'm just a lurker here, with no marine or engineering knowledge myself but I find I've become hooked on following this story. And I thank you all for helping me understand so many things.

I did follow the link to the site under discussion last night and found it totally overwhelming, like the work of some kind of a zealot. Out of curiosity I took a look at what he said about 9/11. My favorite part was the one where he alleged the film of the jet hitting the tower was a Hollywood production. What happened didn't really happen and the eye witnesses are unreliable. He proceeded to detail just how such a movie could be easily made with different layers of film.

Hmmm...all I can say is that those Hollywood people have some majorly badass PhotoShop skills to produce something like that in about 10 minutes so it could be aired on TV nationally right after the event. Seems like the special effects we see in mainstream movies should be better than they are...

Judy

This used to be (and still is) one of most useful and interesting discussion threads on offer. Everybody behaves, not everything can be correct, but it is the enormous breadth and width of knowledge which comes together here. Various professions contribute. Arm chair salvage experts and real salvage experts.

But we are now in a slight danger that this slips, as a forum troll has found us. I sincerely hope we can steer away from Troll Island. No blame, who could have known that he searches for his own links so intensively.

His profile here was registered in 2005, at the time of this writing just 2 contributions of recent days in a defensive tone already. This doesn't look good.

May I kindly suggest to apply the only known cure, but please please rigourously:

• No mention of the name.
  • No reaction to his posts, absolutely none. <<< THIS IS THE MOST CRITICAL BIT
  • No quotes of his posts.

Friends, the danger is real, I have seen such things before. And I really want to continue to exchange ideas and opinions with people from Maine and Manchester, Scotland and Oklahoma and everything in-between.

May I suggest that the links be removed altogether? Having them here causes people to follow them (I did) and will only tell this person that people are visiting from here if he has access to the web server logs or at least to the referring sites which is likely the way he found about this discussion.

Mike, you are quite correct in your assessment of the troll situation. The upside is that it's only happened twice on these boards in 8 years, and both times were a hit-and-run boilerplate post in response to the posting of the link. If the link isn't reposted, odds are that interest will be lost in discussions here. Hope so anyway! (Might be wise not to 'quote' a post with the link.)

And I'm going back to lurking...:rolleyes:

Judy