Snorkeling in Cozumel

aberthelot

Hi, we will be landing in Cozumel on March 7th for an afternoon of snorkeling. We will be aboard the Carnival Imagination. Is there a place to put our belongings while we are snorkeling? Thanks.

Your question is a little open ended. :D

Are you snorkeling on a Carnival excursion?

Are you taking a taxi to the MOney Bar, Chank or other shore snorkeling spot?

Tell us where you are snorkeling and then maybe someone can answer your question.

If you don't have anything booked, I recommend Eagle Ray Divers.

We take a taxi to Sunset Beach...we will be doing the shore snorkeling excursion for beginners and that is what we are!!!! I see from the website that we can rent lockers for $2.

Where is the money bar and do they accept American money for drinks there?

:)

Money Bar is just south of town, you will probably pass it going to Sunset Beach, I dont know where Sunset Beach is, but most beaches are South of town.

Yes, the Money Bar accpets the Dollar & credit cards. I've used both there in the past. Every merchant in Cozumel accepts the dollar or at least everyone I've encountered. :D

side note: as long as your a good swimmer, snorkeling should be quite easy. ;)

I have never been to any bar in Coz (or Cancun or PDC or Tijuana :o) that did not accept US dollar$ for food and drinks. Good luck! :)

• 4 weeks later...
Well JohninDC, I used to be a good swimmer, I just hope I can stay afloat...haha! I can't wait to see Mexico!

Most snorkel places will offer (some insist) on a floatation vest -- puff a little air inside and you'll have no trouble foating. Enjoy the view because snorkeling is great fun. Good luck! :)

We take a taxi to Sunset Beach...we will be doing the shore snorkeling excursion for beginners and that is what we are!!!! I see from the website that we can rent lockers for $2.

We did this excursion on our first cruise. It is worth every penny and yes there are nice big lockers for $2 USD. The excursion was titled: Cozumel Shore Snorkel. They facility has a deck side restaurant and bar and a small gift shop. The place is very clean and they also offered beach side massages for $20. The good thing about this tour, is you can stay as long as you want and the dive facility will hail you a cab which is included in your excursion fare.

Most snorkel places will offer (some insist) on a floatation vest -- puff a little air inside and you'll have no trouble foating. Enjoy the view because snorkeling is great fun. Good luck! :)

Thanks John! You put my mind at ease!

Sounds great! Can't wait to put my feet in the water! Do you recommend water socks?

Either that or water shoes. Cozumel has a few rocky beaches. The shore snorkel had a white sandy beach area but there were a few rocks in the shallow waters. I wore my water shoes as I have sensitive feet. My husband did not and he was just fine. It is just a matter of taste.

Also, this tour did offer the inflate-sytle swim vests.

We did this excursion on our first cruise. It is worth every penny and yes there are nice big lockers for $2 USD. The excursion was titled: Cozumel Shore Snorkel. They facility has a deck side restaurant and bar and a small gift shop. The place is very clean and they also offered beach side massages for $20. The good thing about this tour, is you can stay as long as you want and the dive facility will hail you a cab which is included in your excursion fare.

Hello,

Can you remember the exact name of the vendor that provides this snorkel trip?

Thanks,

Hello,

Can you remember the exact name of the vendor that provides this snorkel trip?

Thanks,

Yes, it was Sand Dollar Snorkel and Scuba. I did hear that if you are on one of the cruise ships, that you must book the tour with the ship. I'm not sure how to get around this. They do both the shore snorkel from Sunset beach and a boat snorkel as well as Scuba. Really good guides and clean facilities. We booked the Shore Snorkel with the ship and the whole day with transportation incl was only like $25 !! A heck of a bargain for a Carnival excursion.

http://www.sanddollarsports.com/

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/304124

I'm pretty sure that the ship also used Sand Dollar for some of the other Scuba and Boat -Reef Snorkel trips. We saw several of the Sanddollar signs that they use to find your meeting spot before the tour.

Yes, it was Sand Dollar Snorkel and Scuba. I did hear that if you are on one of the cruise ships, that you must book the tour with the ship. I'm not sure how to get around this. They do both the shore snorkel from Sunset beach and a boat snorkel as well as Scuba. Really good guides and clean facilities. We booked the Shore Snorkel with the ship and the whole day with transportation incl was only like $25 !! A heck of a bargain for a Carnival excursion.

http://www.sanddollarsports.com/

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/304124

I'm pretty sure that the ship also used Sand Dollar for some of the other Scuba and Boat -Reef Snorkel trips. We saw several of the Sanddollar signs that they use to find your meeting spot before the tour.

Thank you for this great information

!:)

Archived