Kid Friendly lodging in Homer?

rachel0

Hi all,

I'm stuck on lodging for our land portion in Kenai. We want to stay in HOmer for the wildlife in the area & beachcombing (especially whale watching, the kids have been on several whale watching trips in Washingon state & Hawaii). I'm waffling on where to stay--Ive searched the forums but I would really appreciate if anyone has specific information/ recommendation for kid-friendly lodging in Homer.

Thanks so much!!

Rachel

Last summer we spent several nights in one of the condos associated with the Lands End Resort at Homer. The Lands End is right at the end of the famous "spit." The condo we stayed in was privately owned but rented through the resort. It was right on the beach and had a fully equipped with kitchen. If you look at the Lands End Resort website the condos are listed under "Luxury Waterfront Home Rentals." It was a lovely place to stay in Homer.

Last summer we spent several nights in one of the condos associated with the Lands End Resort at Homer. The Lands End is right at the end of the famous "spit." The condo we stayed in was privately owned but rented through the resort. It was right on the beach and had a fully equipped with kitchen. If you look at the Lands End Resort website the condos are listed under "Luxury Waterfront Home Rentals." It was a lovely place to stay in Homer.

Thank you! The spit is supposed to be it--so Lands End was on my "finalist" list!

Has anyone stayed at Driftwood Inn?

Thanks

Rachel

I've read positive reviews of the Driftwood in people's trip reports on www.tripadvisor.com. Use the SEARCH IN function near the top of the page of the Alaska forum and type "driftwood inn" in the blank space. (use the quotes). Then sort by date for the most recent info. I prefer trip reports to the REVIEWS for recommendations. Too many of the reviews seem staged; a one and only post by someone.

I've read positive reviews of the Driftwood in people's trip reports on www.tripadvisor.com. Use the SEARCH IN function near the top of the page of the Alaska forum and type "driftwood inn" in the blank space. (use the quotes). Then sort by date for the most recent info. I prefer trip reports to the REVIEWS for recommendations. Too many of the reviews seem staged; a one and only post by someone.

Thank you! That is an excellent idea--I often feel the reviews are sometimes hokey-feeling too!

Archived