Conquest Time Zone

supermom123

It is my understanding that usually the ship stays on the same time zone as the departure port, but that this is not always the case. New Orleans is Central Time Zone, so will we stay on Central Time the entire cruise? We are scheduled to be in Montego Bay 9:00-6:00 and Grand Cayman 7:00-4:00. These are Eastern Time Zones so do we need to adjust for local time when planning our excursions? Our scheduled time in Cozumel is 10:00-5:00, but Cozumel is the same time zone as New Orleans, so I'm figuring we won't have an issue here.

Thank you for any insight!

If the ship sails to and from New Orleans, then ship time should be adjusted to Central Time and the times listed for port is in central time.

Monteo Bay, Grand Cayman is in EST time while Cozumel is in CST time

If ship time is in central time, the ship will not adjust to eastern time when in port so make sure your watch is set to the correct time!!!

If the ship sails to and from New Orleans, then ship time should be adjusted to Central Time and the times listed for port is in central time.

Monteo Bay, Grand Cayman is in EST time while Cozumel is in CST time

If ship time is in central time, the ship will not adjust to eastern time when in port so make sure your watch is set to the correct time!!!

Thank you for the response!

So, just to clarify our 7:00-4:00 in Grand Cayman would be 8:00-5:00 island time? I'm booking a tour with Nativeway and the time of the tour is 9:00-2:15 eastern time, so that would mean we need to meet them at 8:00 ship time? I don't want to show up an hour late! Thanks!

Thank you for the response!

So, just to clarify our 7:00-4:00 in Grand Cayman would be 8:00-5:00 island time? I'm booking a tour with Nativeway and the time of the tour is 9:00-2:15 eastern time, so that would mean we need to meet them at 8:00 ship time? I don't want to show up an hour late! Thanks!

It depends on when your cruise is. Are you taking this during our daylight savings adjustment? If so, the times should be the same. Grand Cayman (and Jamaica) does not observe daylight savings at all. So once we spring forward an hour, the central time zone will be equal to Grand Cayman & Jamaica. Cozumel will observe it, although they start later and end earlier than us. If you are cruising outside of daylight savings time (like we are right now), then what you are saying is correct. There will be a time difference. You would be an hour late if you just stuck with ship time. That is, unless the tour operator is making the adjustment for you. You should confirm that with them, or you may be an hour early. Check out timeanddate.com for further research.

Thank you for all the responses. We sail in 2 weeks, (yeah!) so no daylight savings issue. I guess we will just have to pay close attention to the time each day, and I will check with each excursion organizer about the specifics. Thanks!

Thank you for all the responses. We sail in 2 weeks, (yeah!) so no daylight savings issue. I guess we will just have to pay close attention to the time each day, and I will check with each excursion organizer about the specifics. Thanks!

DO NOTE that if there is more one ship in port, another ship may change to island time while YOUR SHIP will remain in central time so make sure you know which time to keep following

(i noticed this in canada on a tour where the tour op was mention that carnival follows eastern time while the ship that docked next to us changed to atlantic time for the day)

Read your Fun Times each day - they will announce if/when the ship changes time.

or you could call Guest Services once on the ship and ask them if there will be any time changes.

enjoy your cruise!

Archived