Lots of questions

CMAP

We were going to buy a disposable camera for our last cruise. When we were at the store we saw a Kodak easyshare sport waterproof camera. It was $60 and it takes an SD card. We weighed the price of continually buying disposables each time we cruised so we bought the Kodak. Not only does it take great underwater photos but it takes great photos day and night. We bought a little floaty thing for it in case we accidently let go of it in the water. It has been a great investment and if we happen to lose it we are out far less money thatn if something happened to our Nikon DSLR.

TO DEB AND BRUCE,

Good to hear about the Kodak Easyshare Sport Waterproof Camera... I've been looking at these online and thinking about purchasing one (currently in the $ 75 Cdn price range).

So happy to know you are happy with yours.

Like the convenience of being able to use it for both under water shots and others... and being digital with SD card.

Seems like a far better value / option than continually buying disposible cameras (underwater or otherwise) for shore excursions.

Would like more info about the "floaty thing" that you mentioned in your post though.

Any info would be much appreciated (or a spot to see some of the pics you've taken with this camera... particularly underwater ones)

Thanks,

Cheers!

After the first cruise that my husband slept through due to the motion sickness meds, we started using ginger tablets. They are great! We start the day before we embark and sometimes we take them the whole time and other times we stop taking them if not needed.

Happy Cruising

TO DEB AND BRUCE,

Good to hear about the Kodak Easyshare Sport Waterproof Camera... I've been looking at these online and thinking about purchasing one (currently in the $ 75 Cdn price range).

So happy to know you are happy with yours.

Like the convenience of being able to use it for both under water shots and others... and being digital with SD card.

Seems like a far better value / option than continually buying disposible cameras (underwater or otherwise) for shore excursions.

Would like more info about the "floaty thing" that you mentioned in your post though.

Any info would be much appreciated (or a spot to see some of the pics you've taken with this camera... particularly underwater ones)

Thanks,

Cheers!

You can buy actually safety floatation devices for the camera but they can run $30. We were at Ron Jon surf shop in Cocoa Beach and bought a key holder that looks like a shark. It's is made of a plastic covered foam. Sorry hard to describe. The idea is if you lose your keys in the water they will float. It was only $3 so we felt we had nothing to lose so we attached it to the camera and tested it out in the shallow end of the pool in case it sunk. It worked perfectly, the camera floated and it was only a $3 fix. You could get something like this here, probably where they sell boating and camping supplies. The camera is great just don't do what I did the first time I tried it and forget to switch the camera to underwater, the photos come out grainy. It is a very user friendly camera. I am glad we decided to get it. We took it to Stingray City in Grand Cayman and snorkling in Cozumel and the photos turned out awesome.

I don't know how to put pictures on here I have tried without success. We picked our camera up at Walmart for $70. It also took great fireworks photos in Walt Disney World.

Don't know your location. Crystallized ginger is available at Whole Foods in California. For your purpose, it doesn't matter whether you buy crystallized or uncrystallized.

Bon voyage

Betsy

We don't have a Trader Joes here. I wonder if Whole Foods would have it. Anyone use ginger pills?

I use ginger all the time for seasickness and it works great for me. Bonine makes me feel spacy and Dramamine knocks me out. I take two ginger tables three times a day. You can buy it online at places like Amazon if you can't find it locally. Its like $5-6 on Amazon, but you can try a specialty vitamine store or even a big box retailer.

I have not been bothered by motion sickness on any of my recent cruises and it could perhaps be because of the larger more stable ships, or the ginger tablets. Who knows, but for $5 it is worth a little insurance.

I get a little queasy on amusement park rides and the last couple of times I went to Six Flaggs I too some ginger and it really kept the queasiness down. The best part is no drowsy side affects.

Archived