Dress help....

Ok Ladies ( and gents if you care to chime in) Long story short, I need dress advice! Wedding party girls= no help, mom no longer around to give input and although when I wear it I will have been married 20 years, this is my first real wedding and first wedding dress. (military bride) So I figured why not pose the question to those looking at dresses for themselves or have bought dresses.

I don't know if this is too fancy to match my groom's kaki pants and loose untucked button down white or ivory shirt. Or even too fancy for a cruise wedding. Help help~ ordering it online ( cost cutter) so I cannot try it on near someone wearing what my hubby will be wearing. Thumbs up or down?

Slim-White-Mermaid-Trumpet-Halter-V-Neck-Sweep-Satin-Lace-Wedding-Gown-32672-1.jpg

• Slim-White-Mermaid-Trumpet-Halter-V-Neck-Sweep-Satin-Lace-Wedding-Gown-32672-1.jpg
  • Slim-White-Mermaid-Trumpet-Halter-V-Neck-Sweep-Satin-Lace-Wedding-Gown-32672-2.jpg
  • Slim-White-Mermaid-Trumpet-Halter-V-Neck-Sweep-Satin-Lace-Wedding-Gown-32672-3.jpg

_.gif?ref=&sw=1280&sh=800

I was raised in the wedding industry. My father owned a bridal store most of my life until he sold it to retire. I have never seen a picture if you so I will give you a few ideas.

Mermaid dresses are great but will accent any imperfections of your body. Most women its not a good style for. If you are a very slender build this is a great dress.

Many women who have a larger build including larger breasts wear an A-Line dress. This is a dress that fits snug around the bust line but starts to flow outward like the letter A.

Wedding dresses are so difficult to purchase without trying them in first. If I could only give you one piece of advice it would be make sure you try the dress on before you buy. Even if its one size too small or 2-3 sizes too big. This will give you a better understanding of how YOU look in the dress.

As far as your question about what your husband is going to wear in comparison to you..... who cares as long as you feel beautiful on YOUR DAY! Especially since you didn't have your "Special Day" in the past.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I can't advise you about what to wear; if you love it, wear it.

However, I will advise you, if you did not know this, that this webpage is run by a larger company in China that manufacturers lots of different apparel and operates many, many different webpages. Did you read the reviews for some of these dresses?

The pictures you are seeing on the webpage are for the most part, original pictures stolen from the real designers. They aren't real pictures of the dress you would receive

For example, this one:

http://www.milanoo.com/Gorgeous-Champagne-Satin-Sweetheart-Sweep-Womens-Luxury-Wedding-Dress-p107844.html

This picture was stolen from the real designer, Pnina Tornai.

Your dress is by designer Morilee. Here's a warning on her webpage you may be interested in:

http://www.morilee.com/beware

Note the company you want to purchase from is included in this warning, and this "company" is also the same one as many of the others listed in the warning. Don't throw your money away on a cheap, poorly made dress.

I would advise you to find a dress in your local bridal store where you know what you are getting and you have some recourse if something goes wrong.

_.gif?ref=&sw=1280&sh=720

OMG Thank you both!!!! I would love to try the dress on and buy the dress by the actual designer! I did not know I had the option to do this. I will seek out the dress here, try it on and have my son (teenager) wear an outfit close to what he is wearing on the day so I can make my decision. Thank you both, you may have helpped me avoid a huge desaster!!!

If you try it on and like it, get it! If it's your only wedding dress, get the dress you want. I've been to lots of weddings that ranged from formal to casual and I love when the bride just wears what she loves, whether that's a short dress at a formal wedding or a really fancy dress at a casual wedding.

Archived