Dawn in Gladstone today

2CtheC

Just realy why Gladstone,

closest port to Brisbane.

so they can disembark these people with out having a huge fight at Port side today,

Just think if they got into brisbane today and they had these guys locked for a couple of days,

I thought it sounded funny saying there was a shortage of fuel in Brisbane.

An excuse?

But what for?

I'd hardly think they would go to all the trouble of pulling in to Gladstone just to put people off, when they were so near to Brisbane. Every report I've read and heard from various papers is different regarding numbers of people, ages and injured person. It's amazing! The one constant is that the fuel info was a day or more BEFORE the reported brawl. None of us will probably ever know the truth.

Just goes to show, as I always say - You cannot believe everything you read or hear. :rolleyes: Plus the fact that people like to 'exaggerate' - especially reporters.

Wonder if the Captain could see the trouble brewing?

He could have used the fuel story as an excuse to offload the thugs.

But then ...Why should everyone else be penalised?

Although I didn't say it here, I have wondered that, as well, David. ;) Maybe they have been giving trouble for a while - not hard to imagine. (One guy said, "We were just having fun. It was awesome.") - if that has been reported correctly. Though, it seems great lengths for the company to go to. :rolleyes:

Well, enough idle chatter for me - I've got washing and packing to attend to! :p:):D

No we left with enough fuel. Its just that brizzie didn't have enough fuel for us to refill for the next cruise.

The main reason we went to Gladstone was for fuel, as the fight didn't occure until we where on our way there.

Oh and we had a fuel barge with us the whole time, and we where definitly refuelling.

No we left with enough fuel. Its just that brizzie didn't have enough fuel for us to refill for the next cruise.

The main reason we went to Gladstone was for fuel, as the fight didn't occure until we where on our way there.

Oh and we had a fuel barge with us the whole time, and we where definitly refuelling.

Thanks for that on-the-spot clarification!!

Sounds like it was a combination of increased fuel use due to the changed intinerary and dodging the cyclone, unavailability of fuel in Noumea and unvailablity of fuel in Brisbane.

Thanks so much for taking the time to call in, Technikhaus! There's nothing like getting the correct information from someone on the spot! :)

Haha that's alright guys :)

and yea the press was there, partly due to my fault, we contacted them about selling some footage, and met 10 News there.

Some of our footage got on the news tonight.

http://ten.com.au/ten-news-brisbane.htm?movideo_p=44243&movideo_m=161944

The parts coming from the ship is our footage :cool:

I guess they got enough to make up the shortfall in Brisbane! Nothing like planning ahead, eh Technikaus. :)

I thought it sounded funny saying there was a shortage of fuel in Brisbane.

An excuse?

But what for?

That's what I was talking about good bye

Pacifc Dawn took on there full load of fuel they all ways do when going a 7 day cruise in brisbane.

scorce is some one that works on the refuel bardge

I don't think there is a big fuel conspiracy - we took photos of the fuel barge alongside in gladstone where the ship was definitely getting fuel. It most likely got the rest in Brisbane when we arrived late. I just assumed there wasn't enough time in bris with the quick turnaround to get all fuel required.

I don't think there is a big fuel conspiracy - we took photos of the fuel barge alongside in gladstone where the ship was definitely getting fuel. It most likely got the rest in Brisbane when we arrived late. I just assumed there wasn't enough time in bris with the quick turnaround to get all fuel required.

I agree with you and Technikhaus. You saw the refuelling with your own eyes. We heard elsewhere they were refuelling at Gladstone long before the "great brawl" (I watch Vicar of Dibley, lol :D) There are so many ships using Gladstone port, which need to refuel there. I should think it would be an ideal place to call, and a good opportunity to get rid of the miscreants at the same time. They got away pretty quickly yesterday afternoon, considering they arrived late. Pretty good organisation, I thought.

The question is why did they go about 700 km off there normal cruise route?

which would have cost a lot in fuel to do that.

WAs it because they did not the big whoo ha in Brisbane and decided to

kick them off in gladstone instead of there P&O's home port of Brisbane.

The question is why did they go about 700 km off there normal cruise route?

which would have cost a lot in fuel to do that.

WAs it because they did not the big whoo ha in Brisbane and decided to

kick them off in gladstone instead of there P&O's home port of Brisbane.

If that was their thinking it did not work. News travels fast in a small town and the media seemed to be ready and waiting for them. If they arrived in Brissy real early ,they could have been taken off before most passengers woke up , and before the media had even got out of bed.:D

Thanks for that on-the-spot clarification!!

Sounds like it was a combination of increased fuel use due to the changed intinerary and dodging the cyclone, unavailability of fuel in Noumea and unvailablity of fuel in Brisbane.

in the change of intinerary saved about 700 - 800 km of fuel off the trip at 20-21 knots.

ex. brisbane, Noumea, lifou, noumea,

the trip Noumea to LIfou is done at a low speed around 10-12 knots and only take about 8-9hrs. and the same back to Noumea saving of more fuel.

People on board have said they were informed of the visit to Gladstone well prior to the altercation on board so hardly a case of disembarking the rowdy element to avoid publicity. I think it would be an advantage and a great PR excercise to publicise the action taken as a deterent. I think that most people would have thought that it was all talk that you could be offloaded. Now they know it will happen. Well done P&O.

wher does the fuel for gladstaone come from ??????????????????

Archived