Sea-houston-hotels

wiseguy

I will be sailing on the Sea on it's repositioning cruise in July. I know nothing about the Houston area. We will be flying into IAH the night before and renting a van from Enterprise for $75 inc tax. I booked rooms at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Seabrook for $60 per night. Did I do OK? Has anybody stayed at the Comfort Inn in Seabrook? What is the area like around the hotel? I know the port itself is nothing, but hoped the hotel is in a nicer area. If you have any info I would really appreciate it.

Paul

We have booked the Comfort Suites in LaPorte for our Oct sailing, I understand it is 5 miles or so from the ship but Kemah is down the road and there is plenty to do there. I was thinking that Seabrook was a very small town but maybe I am mistaken.. No, I haven't stayed in Seabrook but wanted to give you an alterative if Seabrook doesn't work out for you..

I can't answer why your post was moved. But the Seabrook area is alright you will be only a few miles from Nasa, Kemah Boardwalk, and the cruise terminal and the price sounds pretty good to. When we sailed in March they wanted $120 for a room so we end up staying in Kemah at a brand new Days Inn right next to police station. The Boardwalk is nice and has a lot of nice places to eat and shop also a lighthouse.

Happy Sailing

Paul

• 1 month later...

Archived