Where are the loncherias located and anyone have pics????

RQINFL

I have seen various loncherias mentioned, and am wondering if the ones mentioned are all located within the same general area or spread across the island. It seems like a lot of people enjoy them and recommend them, but I am finding limited information/details on location.

Where are they located in relation to the main square? Also, would love to see any pictures!

Thanks~

They are mainly on the streets east of the plaza, Avenida 15-Avenida 30. But also on the streets south of the plaza Calle 3-Calle7. Look for signs "la Comida corrida" or "cocina economica". Very few speak English. Start at the El Mercado, on Rosada Salas(east west street just south of the Plaza) between Avenida 20 and Avenida 25 which has several small places you can look into trying.

A very good spot to go to is Las Flamitas on Avenida 25 just south of Calle Morales. Very authentic Yucatan food. Nearer the Plaza is Sabores, on Avenida 5 and Calle 3. It's a home and you walk through the kitchen to get to the back garden. also Tonitas, on Rosada Salas between Avenida 10 and Avenida 15. She makes an excellent pozole, the hominy soup.

A note on streets. Avenidas run north and south. Avenidas start at #5 and go up by 5s, each longer block (5,10,15,20,25,etc.). Calles run east-west. Odd # Calles are south of the plaza. Even number calle's are north.

Thank you for your reply! We are pretty adventurous with food, but will be traveling with people who might not be so into the really local places. So, if we find that they are wanting more of a traditional restaurant, do you have any recommendations for something that would be enjoyed by all? Love trying new places when in Cozumel, so looking for some ideas. Thanks!

Unless the Plaza Liza guys hijack you:D, Casa Denis, just off the east side of the Plaza. More traditional Yucatan dishes. Covered patio.

or La Mission, which is on the Southwest corner of the Plaza, Outside, strolling musicians, good overall Mexican food with some dishes geared to Americanized palates.

Unless the Plaza Liza guys hijack you, Casa Denis, just off the east side of the Plaza. More traditional Yucatan dishes. Covered patio.

Plaza Liza guys?? I assume this is a restaurant?

Thanks for the recommendations! You say La Mission is more americanized dishes; does it serve authentic dishes as well?

Thanks!

Sorry I missed this, delivering DW and SILs to a "freezing" Legend sailaway this past weekend.

Plaza Liza is a restuarant ont he Plaza, good food there, what's funny is the waiters/staff sometimes troll the Plaza and attempt to lure cruisers looking for Casa Denis and other places to Plaza Liza by saying they are "XX" restaurant. So if someone approaches you like that, just smile and laugh and say "Ah you're the Plaza Liza guys!"

Here's a link to La Mission. http://www.lamissioncozumel.com/

Sorry I missed this, delivering DW and SILs to a "freezing" Legend sailaway this past weekend.

No problem, I appreciate your help!

That's too funny about the Plaza Liza guys. I will keep an eye out. I checked out both menus. Between the two restaurants you mentioned, which would you say is your preference? I see nachos on one, and a hamburger and fries on the other so obviously both cater to tourists ~ just looking for the most authentic while keeping everybody happy.

No problem, I appreciate your help!

That's too funny about the Plaza Liza guys. I will keep an eye out. I checked out both menus. Between the two restaurants you mentioned, which would you say is your preference? I see nachos on one, and a hamburger and fries on the other so obviously both cater to tourists ~ just looking for the most authentic while keeping everybody happy.

I'd prefer Casa Denis. But your friends might be better suited for la Mission, if they aren't, "adventurous" in eating. You should try to find one of the loncherias though.

I'd prefer Casa Denis. But your friends might be better suited for la Mission, if they aren't, "adventurous" in eating. You should try to find one of the loncherias though.

I liked Casa Denis too. Ask to be seated in the courtyard.

For more info on Coz click on these: www.cozumelmycozumel.com. and www.cozumelinsider.com.

Archived