Cunard Victoria - Approximate Alcohol Cost for a TA?

SavvyCruiserNJ

A few prices live from board of the Queen Victoria:

Champagner (Lanson) split bottle 17,95

Bottle Gigondas 49

Brandy Alexander 5,5

Martini 9

Singapore Sling 7,5

Cobbler 6,5

Bombay Sapphire 6,5

Joe Collins 6,75

Topical Itch 7,5

Margarita 7,95

Veuve Cliquot 17,5

Add 15% service charge

Hope this helps.

On our last TA, our total bar bill was a grand total $28! :D

We were lucky to be seated at a hosted table, which meant that on the 4 formal nights, wine and soft drinks were free.

Without the hosted table, I actually doubt our bar bill would have been much higher than $100. We brought 2 very fine bottles of wine ourselves (only had one opened onboard). And I'm not much of a drinker anyway.

SylviaB--

I'm a newcomer to Cunard. Could you tell me what a "hosted table" is? You mention that on the 4 formal nights wine and soft drinks were free at your hosted table. I thought soft drinks are free with meals, but that you had to pay for them in the various bars.

Thanks.

SylviaB--

I'm a newcomer to Cunard. Could you tell me what a "hosted table" is? You mention that on the 4 formal nights wine and soft drinks were free at your hosted table. I thought soft drinks are free with meals, but that you had to pay for them in the various bars.

Thanks.

We were assigned a table (along with 5 other passengers) that was hosted by an officer every formal night. We were joined by the hotel director, chief medical officer, chief purser, guest relation officer, food and beverage manager, ... It certainly made for very interesting evenings. Those evenings the wines were chosen by the officer and followed freely. We were very lucky, the husband enjoyed it very much. As I mentioned I'm not much of a drinker so stuck to Coca Cola on most evenings. Normally you have to pay for the soft drinks like Coca Cola (and I actually expected on the 1st formal night that I would have to pay for that myself), but that was also included with the privilege of being seated at a hosted table.

It was total pot luck that we were seated at that table. The first evening onboard, we were actually assigned to a different table, but as all the other table mates were French speaking and we're not, we requested a different table. Turned out that all our new table mates at the hosted table were originally asigned a different table, one couple wanted to change from early to late sitting and another were originally seated with a couple from hell.

According to the assistant of the hotel director, a lovely lady from Austria, there are only 2 such tables per voyage, one for the early sitting and one for the late sitting.

We felt very lucky :D

Archived