Is "Noro Panic" turning us into undesirables in port?

ljk76

This afternoon we received is email from a resort in St. Lucia that we planned to visit during our Summit cruise next week. I'm not aware of the Summit having a particular issue with Noro at this point.

Dear Guests

We thank you for choosing Rendezvous! **There have been news reports of an outbreak of illness on particular cruise liners.* Although we regret to take this action, for the safety of in-house guests we are obligated to withdraw confirmation of your request for a half day pass as a precautionary measure.* We trust that you will understand that this course of action considers our tour company partners with whom we are contracted, as well as the guests we host.*

No doubt, we regret your disappointment but look forward to hosting you at another time in the future.

Regards

*Angus Sexius*|*Front Desk Manager*

I think this is a whole new level of how Noro can impact the enjoyment of a cruise, even for the healthy! This obviously was privately planned, but it makes me wonder...will there be other places we will not be welcomed, once identified as cruise ship passengers?

Noro has been reported on many ships recently. The hotels and resorts might just be taking precautions with so many ships in town. It's understandable. We're on Silhouette in March and hope the outbreaks have died down by then.

If they cancel our resort passes in St. Croix we'll find other activities.

Noro is so contageous I can understand they don't want their regular guests to be exposed but remember, those folks could be bringing the virus on the planes also!

Archived