Dropping the weight!!!

egill

Have a cruise coming up April 22 and feel I should loss some weight so I don't ruin anyones vacation if I were to take my shirt off, lol. I'm 6'1'' and started at 312lbs. Started Jan 23 and I'm down to 290lb. I go to the gym 5 days a week. First 2 weeks I did nothing but cardio, a hour day on an elliptical going 5 miles. This past week I have started to lift pretty heavy doing Bench, squarts, dead lift , shoulder and arm work as well. I still do cardio but cut it back to 30-45 minutes a day. My goal by the cruise is 250lb. Shouldn't be a problem. Not new to working out as I played college football about 15 years ago.

Also changed my diet and cut calories, especially calories from sugar.

Just need to stay motivated!!

And I know by lifting as heavy as I am I won't loss as quickly as the muscle I gain will out weight the fat I loss. I'm good with that. I have to keep my strength up as I have Scottish highland games season coming up. Those cabers don't get any lighter!!

First of all congrats on your weight loss. You have done well

I lost almost 50 lbs last year and have kept it off (up a lb, down a lb) by making sure my exercise routine changes a lot. Your body will get used to doing the same things and you will find that weight lifting or cardio wont do as much good as it once did. So find new and exciting things to try once in a while. Keep your muscles guessing

You have done well and im sure you will continue.

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise

Archived