Head's up about the Chef's Table

jerray07

I'm booked for the Breeze Jan 2013. I'm guessing I have to wait until she starts service this summer before I can book?

I called Carnival to ask, since I will be going on the Breeze this Christmas, and I was told that they generally start bookings 6 months out, so I would say check around December

haven't heard about Chefs table, can someone elaborate? do they have this when you do a shorter 4 day cruise?

It's a galley tour with the chef and assistant chefs. Includes pre-cocktail party, 7 course meal and drinks (including wine). It's $75 pp but well worth it, or so I've heard. This will be my first time. You also get a picture with your group and the chef and possibly a cookbook? Some say they do, some dont.

It's a galley tour with the chef and assistant chefs. Includes pre-cocktail party, 7 course meal and drinks (including wine). It's $75 pp but well worth it, or so I've heard. This will be my first time. You also get a picture with your group and the chef and possibly a cookbook? Some say they do, some dont.

Last year on the Glory I got a cookbook and a picture. I'm booked for the Chef's Table again on the Glory this March, so I'll know if they are still giving out the cookbooks. I have also heard that they stopped giving out the cookbooks.

I had the same problem contacting John about the Chef's Table on the Conquest. So after asking CC I sent the email below to cqsteakhouse at carnival com.

I got a reply in 24 hours.

This is the info they need.

I would like to make reservations for 2 for the Chef's Table.

Guest Information:

First Name: xxx

Last Name: xxx

Email Address: xxx

Sailing Information:

Booking Number: xxxxx

Ship: Carnival Conquest

Sail Date: xx/xx/xx

Cabin Number: xxx

-----------------------

email XXsteakhouse at carnival dot com

Ship codes

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Makes so much more sense reserving this way, rather than requesting a reservation thru one person's blog (John Heald). Maybe someday they will also get with the times & have an option to reserve this online.:)

Probably a really stupid question, but do you pay for it when you book it or is this something that goes on your sign and sail card after you board?

This is my first cruise, but they didn't ask me to pay when I booked. I think you pay on the cruise (I've heard you pay after you go to Chef's Table on S&S).

Probably a really stupid question, but do you pay for it when you book it or is this something that goes on your sign and sail card after you board?

At the end of the dinner, you will get a S&S receipt that you have to sign - just like you would for buying alcohol or sodas at any bar on the ship. Gratuity is included in the $75pp fee, but there is a line to add extra gratuity if you feel necessary. I've always tipped extra, but to me the service was well worth the extra tip.

Makes so much more sense reserving this way, rather than requesting a reservation thru one person's blog (John Heald). Maybe someday they will also get with the times & have an option to reserve this online.:)

my only fear is being bumped after going through normal channels by all the "friend" requests.

that goes for mdr seating as well. suppose i was destined for a really great table with really great tablemates, but i'm moved because someone made a special request.

Question....

Also, does anyone know if they accomodate you in any way if you do not drink alcohol?

I read in one review that they will provide coke for you if you do not drink alcohol.

My hope is that this is true (and also that I ever hear back... not from JH's blog or the email yet)

What is the cost for the Captains table? I am assuming there is an extra charge.

There is usually a Captian's Table in ther MDR that is only available by invitation from the Captian from what I've read.

This thread is about the Chef's Table which is $75pp.

Question....

They do not do chefs table on formal night right?

Also, does anyone know if they accomodate you in any way if you do not drink alcohol?

From what I know, they try not to do them on Formal Nights. When I did the Chef's Table last March, our cruise was March 27 and the Chef's Table was March 29. I think they do it on the 3rd and 6th day if there is an overflow of people.

Chefs Table isnt on a formal night. As someone else said you get a receipt to sign after the meal. I didnt receive a cookbook but did receive recipes for all the dishes served. Free flowing wine indeed. Most folks had a glass of white & red. I only had red didnt want to ask the burning question in my mind. (How'd u ppl get both? Me2 me2 me2) you will receive in your cabin a special invitation if your booked. My confirmation email from Magic included the info that it wasnt on formal night & exact night will b told to u onboard. Omg cannot say enough about this experience!! The galley tour includes watching them prepare the warm choc melting cake. Along with informative demo on how to order the different consistencies. And oh the choc covered strawberries. Any questions re galley or meals... This is your chance!! The chef on the Dream was so good. Course at 60 I've forgotten it all now but the fantastic experience has not left me. Enjoy!!

i thought most of those $$ went to the free flowing wine?

It may, but there are many of us who do not drink it, but would still enjoy the food (or the company of those in our group who want the food + wine).

I've read they will provide soda, but if they don't- I'm perfectly content with drinking water with my dinner.

When they first started the Chefs Table on thw Dream there was no dress code but now I think its more dressy. Not really what I call "formal" but not shorts & a tank. Course as everything on carnival you will see a mixture. By all means if your comfy in a suit go for it. Or slacks & a polo fine. You wont feel out of place in either. I'd say a tux definet out!! That being said, the next poster may produce pics of a table full of tux & evening gowns. My 39 yr old daughter wore a sundress & I wore dressy capris.

I want to at least try the Chefs table once. I am going on two cruises (same boat) this year and hoping to get an OBC from ES Price Drop to do it.

Can you cancel your reservations at the Chef's Table if something was to happen (get sick, etc)?

I want to at least try the Chefs table once. I am going on two cruises (same boat) this year and hoping to get an OBC from ES Price Drop to do it.

Can you cancel your reservations at the Chef's Table if something was to happen (get sick, etc)?

Yes, you can cel-they do not charge until you actually attend it, but give them as much notice as possible, as some times they waitlist people for CT. This will be our third time at CT and we love it and I am not a drinker or a foodie, just enjoy the entire evening with new friends!

I had the same problem contacting John about the Chef's Table on the Conquest. So after asking CC I sent the email below to cqsteakhouse at carnival com.

I got a reply in 24 hours.

This is the info they need.

I would like to make reservations for 2 for the Chef's Table.

Guest Information:

First Name: xxx

Last Name: xxx

Email Address: xxx

Sailing Information:

Booking Number: xxxxx

Ship: Carnival Conquest

Sail Date: xx/xx/xx

Cabin Number: xxx

-----------------------

email XXsteakhouse at carnival dot com

Ship codes

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Thank you for posting this! I was able to email the maitred on my next cruise and request a special table for a large group.

Archived