First Time on SD - Remaining Questions

worldinmyeyes

Hello,

This board has been a great resource, and thank you for everyones feedback on their experiences. I will be traveling on SeaDream II from Nice to Nice in May. I have quite a few questions, and hopefully some of you can shed some light on these.

1. I couldn't find pricing information on the Asian Spa. I assume nothing is complimentary there, so can anyone share the approximate prices of a one hour massage?

2. Would the common currency used be US dollars or Euros or both?

3. Is the house wine included when not at lunch or dinner?

4. Are you allowed to bring wine onboard for your room if you'd like?

5. Tipping is so ingrained into me that I may feel guilty about not tipping on occasion. Should I feel this way or is it truly all included?

6. I understand the use of seadoos may be in demand. Is it on a first come, first serve basis? Anyone have any experiences with this?

7. Are the power outlets standard US or will we need European converters?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

>1. I couldn't find pricing information on the Asian Spa. I assume nothing is complimentary there, so can anyone share the approximate prices of a one hour massage? <

I believe it is about $100 but someone with more recent experience can be more accurate.

>2. Would the common currency used be US dollars or Euros or both? <

US$. Credit card imprinted at boarding.

>3. Is the house wine included when not at lunch or dinner? <

You can always get a glass of wine at the bar.

>4. Are you allowed to bring wine onboard for your room if you'd like?<

Sure.

>5. Tipping is so ingrained into me that I may feel guilty about not tipping on occasion. Should I feel this way or is it truly all included? <

It is definitely included. We did tip cabin person, but not at the level if tipping hadn't been included.

>6. I understand the use of seadoos may be in demand. Is it on a first come, first serve basis? Anyone have any experiences with this? <

No experience.

>7. Are the power outlets standard US or will we need European converters?<

Std US 110 volts.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

I'll answer your questions as best I can:

1. You are correct in that nothing in the spa is complimentary. There is a new company operating the spa so I'll leave it to somebody who has been onboard recently to chime in with the price of a 1 hour massage.

2. US Dollars is the currency used onboard.

3. Yes, house wine is included at all times at no additional charge.

4. Yes.

5. Tipping is absolutely not required or expected. Having said that, for truly exceptional service tipping is not prohibited. Do not feel obligated in any way to tip unless you ask for and receive truly exceptional service.

6. Use of all water toys is on a first come, first served basis. Generally, if there are people waiting in line, those using the water toys will be told when it is time to let others have a chance.

7. US power outlets are available. Converters not required.

Hope that helps. Have a great cruise.

I would only add that we were told Tipping is absolutely prohibited and tips would be given to the Employee Assistance Fund.

House Wines (and there are some good ones) are always available -- I stuck to the champagne and ended up with two unused bottles in our fridge at the end of the trip. If you choose - its a bottomless glass and the wonderful servers will make sure it stays that way.

Absolutely nothing in the spa is free but I found it very reasonably priced. I had two different massages and 3 different body wraps on Sea Dream I on March 20. My husband also had a massage and pedicure. I don't remember the exact prices but a massage and body wrap was about $150.00, so $100 for a 50 minute massage sounds about right. As I noted on another posting, the Swedish and Thai massages are very good. The aromatherapy is relaxing -- but not a lot pressure. Spa services filled up very quickly on our cruise (the owner and his wife took two of the afternoon massage slots every day) so I would recommend making those as soon as you get on board.

Have a great time.

Archived