Labadee Beaches

HiFox23

• 3 months later...
We were in Labadee for the Feb 5 2012 sailing of the Freedom of the Seas. We spent the day at Nellie's beach. My kids both started will the aqua shoes in the morning and found that they didn't want/need them by the end of the day.

There is definitely a few rocky places closer to where the cabana's are but for the most part I didn't find it too rocky at all.

As for the canbana's while they look nice I am not sure its worth the price. They do have a lot of the sun shades for you beach chair if you want as well. The shades cover up 2 beach chairs quite nice.

We might like one of these sun shades. Do they charge a fee? How do you get one?

Would it be worth while to bring our own snorkel gear? is there anything to see in the swimming areas?

I'm interesting to know this too. From what I have read, it's okay, but get there early because with all people in the water the visibility gets worse as the day goes on.

I would love to hear from someone who had been there though.

I did a little snorkeling on the zip-line beach (Adrenaline?). I did see some fish so it might be worthwhile, just depends on what you have seen elsewhere and what you expect. There is a snorkeling excursion available as well & is probably better.

At the swimming beach (Columbus Cove?), I found the water to be pretty murky, mostly just sand over there anyway. Although my mask & snorkel came in handy as I lost something in the water & was able to find it.

Hope this a help.

• 2 weeks later...

Columbus cove is lovely and sandy - no need for water shoes and plenty of trees for shade. There is a lunch buffet area, bar and restrooms right beside. It took about 10-15 minutes to walk from the ship. Last time we visited a couple of years ago there was a boat which went from the pier to the cove, but didn't see that last week when we were there. There is also the train which will take you part of the way.

Columbus cove is lovely and sandy - no need for water shoes and plenty of trees for shade. There is a lunch buffet area, bar and restrooms right beside. It took about 10-15 minutes to walk from the ship. Last time we visited a couple of years ago there was a boat which went from the pier to the cove, but didn't see that last week when we were there. There is also the train which will take you part of the way.

Question if you don't mind.

Is columbus beach part of the Labadee stop with the BBQ lunch or is it an excursion at an extra cost.

How do youu get there ?

Thanks

:)

Question if you don't mind.

Is columbus beach part of the Labadee stop with the BBQ lunch or is it an excursion at an extra cost.

How do youu get there ?

Thanks

:)

Yes it is part of the Labadee stop. Just follow the signs. I think you get a map of Labadee as well with your daily news letter.

Archived