Pack & go ?

1948buddy

Thank you. As much as I check the web site, I have never seen this.

Its there. thats the TA link though. The one for us regular pax is harder to read and isnt laid out well. That is a hacked TA link that if you try to get into the main site, goccl you have to be a TA to sign into.

This is the pax link .. or go to specials on carnival.com

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/packandgo.aspx

My ship (which I've already booked and paid in full) was one that had new Pack & Go rates (significantly less than what I had paid). I called my PVP to ask about it and he explained that the difference is you don't get to pick your cabin number and they will assign you a cabin approximately 1 weeks before the sail date.

For us it was a 10.00pp ugrade from an interior to an oceanview so I asked if we could have the upgrade at that price (we don't really have a preference of deck to stay on) and he upgraded it no problem. We even got a cabin number even though he said we wouldn't!

My ship (which I've already booked and paid in full) was one that had new Pack & Go rates (significantly less than what I had paid). I called my PVP to ask about it and he explained that the difference is you don't get to pick your cabin number and they will assign you a cabin approximately 1 weeks before the sail date.

For us it was a 10.00pp ugrade from an interior to an oceanview so I asked if we could have the upgrade at that price (we don't really have a preference of deck to stay on) and he upgraded it no problem. We even got a cabin number even though he said we wouldn't!

No one knows when they will be assigned. Maybe there was a confusion, and the PVP was just explaining how it works, rather than being exact.

just booked pack n go on magic. First time for this. has anyone done this before and was the cabin ok. I'm hoping for a outside or better:)

mimi from texas

so did you book a outside gty?? If you booked a inside gty and hoping to get a OV .. never happened to me and is extremely rare.

i booked png,

But what category pack n go.. you dont know??

You might want to check and upgrade if you didnt book at least a OV.

Pack is go is a rate .. it comes in inside, OV and balcony.. you have to choose which one you want and pay for that category

We booked a PNG (basically works like a guaranty) on the Pride last summer and got the cabin assignment about a month out (about 2 weeks after booking). The PNG rate was right on the page with the other rates when we booked - nothing hidden. Ours was a balcony PNG, and we got an extended balcony - pretty good cabin for the price we paid.

As for guaranty - our only inside guaranty ended up being upgraded to an OV, but of course you can never count on an upgrade.

This may be a dumb question, maybe I am dense, but I always book way early, and have no idea what a Pack & Go rate is. All I see is Past Guest, Early Saver. Fun Select,Military, Senior. Where does it say Pack & GO ?

Click on Special Offers and then click on PNG. As posted above, only listed Weds. through Fri. While you can find some great rates there seems to be a pretty limited selection. Worth looking for if you're flexible but you'll probably have more peace of mind booking early saver.

Maybe it's because I always look at balcony rates, but every time I look at the P&G rates, they just don't seem like such a good deal. For instance, the current deal for a 5-day from Jacksonville is actually more (quite a bit!) than what I paid using ES, TWICE. :confused:

I'm sure if I could stand an inside I could find a deal, but for me it just doesn't save me any money.

Good luck to those that it does help though! (And yes, I'm jealous! :o)

Maybe it's because I always look at balcony rates, but every time I look at the P&G rates, they just don't seem like such a good deal. For instance, the current deal for a 5-day from Jacksonville is actually more (quite a bit!) than what I paid using ES, TWICE. :confused:

I'm sure if I could stand an inside I could find a deal, but for me it just doesn't save me any money.

You seem to assume that one category is a better deal vs ES than others?? Odd assumption to me. A lot more to do with it is time of year. Usually from now on thru August rates go up .. its the time of year, not because png isnt a good deal at other times.

Originally Posted by BoooBooKitEFk viewpost.gif

You seem to assume that one category is a better deal vs ES than others?? Odd assumption to me. A lot more to do with it is time of year. Usually from now on thru August rates go up .. its the time of year, not because png isnt a good deal at other times.

That's why I said "Maybe because I look at balcony........ etc"

That category always seems to NOT be a deal TO ME. Which I emphasized as well. I said that other categories were most likely a deal while mine was not... why is that odd? And it's not an assumption! It's fact... wow. You long-timers really seem to spout your bully horn when it's something you don't agree with. What a shame. I was voicing my opinion on something and you had to come and counter MY OPINION! Wow. <BS sarcasm> What an eventful life you must have... I envy you. </BS sarcasm>

No need to read between the lines here, I spelled it all out for you, and for everyone else.

Nit Pick much? :confused:

just booked pack n go on magic. First time for this. has anyone done this before and was the cabin ok. I'm hoping for a outside or better:)

mimi from texas

We (along with another couple) booked PnG (inside category) and ended up in a porthole room (right next to OV's, but on the Rivera Deck - R26 and R28 I think).

We felt *very* lucky to get a PH room when we thought we might be getting the worst inside cabin with the PnG rate. Even if we did, we would have enjoyed the cruise. The worst cabin on a cruise is still better than the best office at work.

Sometimes, things work out!

GP

Archived