Help - no place to stay in TX!!!

palmtre2

We are flying into IAH 1 day ahead of our cruise and staying in Galveston, room already booked. We are flying out the day after our cruise and left that room up in the air to do some research.

Decided we wanted to stay in Galveston again but it appears there is A Kid's Days Festival going on that weekend and no rooms near the Strand at all unless you are willing to take 2 nights.

Is there anything to do near the IAH airport if we get a room out that way?

Is there anything to do near the IAH airport if we get a room out that way?

There's Old Town Spring, a quaint railroad town with antique shops, art galleries, and restaurants. You'll need a rental car. Other than that, I find the area around IAH to be pretty dreary.

You might consider staying in Clear Lake or Nassau Bay. These are both just south of Houston proper, but Nassau Bay is home to the Johnson Space Center, which is VERY interesting for the whole family - their visitor center was designed by Disney. Kemah is just 10 minutes east on Nasa Road One (SH 528) until it deadends at SH 546, turn right, cross the bridge and Kemah's right there. This has several shops, restaurants, an aquarium, and a big water fountain the kids can run through, play in, etc. You can google it and see what exactly is there.

It's only about a 30 minute or less drive on I45 to get to the IAH.

Thanks for all the suggestions - we really wanted to stay in Galveston so I finally convinced the Sheraton Four Points on the Seawall to let me have just one night. No one else would budge.

Dad lives in Spring so we have seen Old Town Spring and we've been to the space center (have to get the grandkids there though). Kemah looks like fun and they have a Cajun Food & Zydeco music fest that weekend, we may change our minds yet!

Archived