Anyone sailed on High Pockets?

FlKittyKat

We sailed with Cap. Kathleen and Bill on April 1. It was me, hubby and ds13. We chartered the entire boat. It was great. We enjoyed meeting them both and talking throughout the day. She is a fabulous captain and cook!!!! They were both very friendly and very wiling to do what we wanted to do. I would highly recommend them and will definitely book them again.

MamaQuack

We sailed HighPockets last week. Had a great day - especially 8 year old daughter who was new to snorkling. 1st mate Bill helped her get some great photos and later in the day looked each one up in a reference guide so she could share them with her school mates.

Met fellow cruisecritc "Watchdiva" on board and had a great time getting to know new friends.

beachfamily, would you mind answering a couple of questions about your day?

How long did it take to get to Red Hook and what was the taxi cost?

Did you have any trouble with immigrations and getting off the ship?

How were the food and drinks on Highpockets?

Did you get to view any of the shorelines of St. Johns or were you mostly out at sea where you couldn't see much land?

THANKS!!

I am going on High Pockets in a week and promise to do a post when I get back after May 8th. I have heard most all positives though. Food and drinks are good and liberal from other posts I read, immigration is no problem-you just need your cruise card, and I think the taxi is $5-$7 each way.

I am looking for a great day a sea, but with a party to boot!!! :)

Rondo, it took us about 2 minutes to do immigration - just had to show our passports and room keys; took about 15-20 to get to Red Hook where Cap. Kathleen was ready & waiting; she asked us if there was anything in particular we wanted to do - we wanted to see the Ritz Carlton and snorkel - she said fine, no problem and that is what we did - we anchored off in a quiet cove after seeing The Ritz - she maybe a fabulous chicken & pasta dish and a salad - she and first mate Bill were very accomodating - when we were done (around 3:30) she called a taxi for us - it took longer to return to the ship because the traffic was awful - it was a wonderful day (oh, and taxi fare was less than $10 each way)

You will have a wonderful day!!!!

Hi - we sailed with Beachfamily (hello Rose!) on highpockets during on 4/16-4/23/05 Zuiderdam cruise and it was the best! Captain Kathleen and Mate Bill were great, the food was great, drinks were great and the company of our fellow cc'ers was terrific! We asked Kathleen to arrange for a taxi to meet us at the dock and hopped into the taxi and off to meet at the marina. Taxi (if I recall correctly) wasn't too expensive. I cannot think of a better way to spend the day!

You will have one of the most incredible experiences of your life!

Lin

ps - Beachfamily's daughter Rose is not only amazingly beautiful and well-behaved, she is a true delight! icon7.gif

Archived