Wow! Have you checked today on vacations packages compared to just a day or two ago?

SweetEmi

I heard that the prices might go up for airline travel because of gas prices and decided to go ahead and book and pay for my packages from Expedia for the November trip. I paid for mine in April and Annette just paid for her's on the 20th. I checked today and almost dropped my teeth! Both of ours are now $300 + EACH more than we paid for them. Even Annette's and her's was just done 2 days ago!

I didn't post this to bum anyone out who haven't booked theirs yet, but you might want to think about it soon so they don't go up any more.

Aloha,

Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!

NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!

Alaska summer 2005!

Thanks for the heads up!

Sandy

Carn. Jubilee, Nov 13,2000

NCL Sea, July 22,2001

Cel Zenith Oct 19, 2002

Carn. Pride Aug 27, 2003

NCL Dawn, Oct. 31, 2004 (find us at the roll call!)

Sandy and Len, Mom and Dad, BahamaMomma, DJ and family

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=5023051067&m=7733089657

No. Once it's paid for, that's it. No need to worry there. Incidentally, I found no increase in airfare on Continental in the last few days...I guess it must depend where you are going and from what city.

Denise

11/10/00 Married my best friend aboard

Grandeur of the Seas

Bermuda on the Crown

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;27;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I noticed that too...the parts from Hawaii to the mainland and hotel were what went up. From $596 to $900 and from $443 to $754. But, there was also an air only leg from John Wayne airport to Bakersfield and back and that has stayed the same at $276.

Who knows, maybe things will settle down and they'll go back down but meanwhile I feel MUCH better that I already booked and paid for it and between us - I figure we've saved over $600 that we can spend on massages or something!! Wooo Hooo!

Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!

NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!

Alaska summer 2005!

Yes, they can. We just got our invoice for the final payment from Cruises Only and in the fine print it says that any Goverment or Fuel surcharges are the customer's responsibility, but that they will try to avoid them.

<u>I've traveled the world and the seven seas aboard...</U>

- Carnival Triumph New England/Canada 4 night August 1999

- Celebrity Zenith Bermida 7 night August 2001

- Norwegian Sea Bahamian 7 night July 2002

- Celebrity Galaxy Western Carribbean 10 night August 2003

- Soon to be... Norwegian Wind 14 Night Vacation Package -10 Nights shipboard and 4 nights at the Sheraton in Honolulu- August 7 - 22 2004

By the way, I have no problem with anyone emailng me about these cruises or general experience...just drop me a line at sbcs5390@optonline.net!

I think I would question the last response, If final payment has been made the price can not change. I could be wrong, but am 99+% I am right on this one.

NMNIta

Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004

Hey, they can do anything they want, read the fine print. As we found out, when our cruise was cancelled. If they refund you what you have paid on your cruise they can basically cancel your cruise and give you nothing except your refund ( at any time including one day before you depart). They can make none of the original ports and give you no compensation, they can do basically any bloody think they want as long as they give you back what you paid for the original cruise.

They can cancel the cruise, because someone charters the ship and pays them a truckload of money, because it is Tuesday and they don't feel well, because it is Wednesday and their mother-in-law is menopausal. Basically they can cancel the cruise whenever they want, whyever they want and you are just screwed.

It is all in the fine print you sign when you book.

Of course most of the cruise lines don't do that because they know they will seriously piss off passengers if they do. Most lines are smart enough to know if they piss off enough passengers they won't be in business for long but, if they are really bloody minded(or in serious financial difficulty), they can tell passengers to get stuffed and not suffer any immediate financial

penalties.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gardencat:

Hey, they can do anything they want, read the fine print. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This may be true but as you say, it's in the fine print. If you agree to the fine print, you have to know the consequences of what you're signing up for. I don't think your situation is the norm, rather the exception.

Cecilia

*****@aol.com

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;02;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My Wedding!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by newmexicoNita:

I think I would question the last response, If final payment has been made the price can not change. I could be wrong, but am 99+% I am right on this one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep in mind, I'm paraphrasing here.

I'll look up just what it says sometime this week.

<u>I've traveled the world and the seven seas aboard...</U>

- Carnival Triumph New England/Canada 4 night August 1999

- Celebrity Zenith Bermida 7 night August 2001

- Norwegian Sea Bahamian 7 night July 2002

- Celebrity Galaxy Western Carribbean 10 night August 2003

- Soon to be... Norwegian Wind 14 Night Vacation Package -10 Nights shipboard and 4 nights at the Sheraton in Honolulu- August 7 - 22 2004

By the way, I have no problem with anyone emailng me about these cruises or general experience...just drop me a line at sbcs5390@optonline.net!

Travelin'parrothead

Sorry I don't know what it covers. If the cruiseline refunds the money for the cruise I guess it wouldn't be needed to cover that but other things you had booked, plane tickets, hotel deposits etc. I would expect to be covered. I am not sure what they would do in the case of tickets purchased with airmiles ( my usual way of getting somewhere).

I'm no expert on travel insurance. I only know about the cruise lines fine print because it happened to us and I found out we had no real recourse.

Archived