Is this the Patrick I should avoid?

booth22

• 2 months later...

I am trying to decide if we should take the half day or full day tour with Patrick (or Patrice). We will probably do this on one of our pre-cruise days that we will be in Papeete. I am thinking full day would be good if we get to see more and we will still be back to hotel by around 4PM to relax before dinner.

But I have read some reviews that say the ride is very bumpy and they are glad they only did the half day. I want to make sure we have time to swim at the waterfall and see all of the necessary sights. I would love to hear from all that have taken either the half day or full day and how that worked out for them and if they would do it that way again. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jackie

I agree with StarJohn - for the most part you are only on concrete roads and the ride is not bad at all. I wrote a pretty extensive review about it and it is posted on this board in teh reviews section. I did a back to back in Oct. you can go check out what I wrote if you are interested. I think our group did a few things most people have not done (or no one has written about it anyway) with patrick. He took us Cannoning!

Starsjohn and Wystiria:

Thank you so much for the info on Patrick and the full day tour. I think I will book the full day tour with him for the day before we get on the ship. Then we will not have to worry about getting back at any special time.

Wystiria - I read your trip report and it is great.

Thanks again,

Jackie

We went on the 4x4 excursion w/Papeete Patrick in May, full day.(too long, the seats are not that comfy) He was on time to pick us up. The ride was very bumpy & he quoted us one price & charged us more. Use their money for paying. We had six other people with us (all French) So, Patrick mainly talked to them. Over all it was just OK. We wouldn't do it again.

• 3 months later...

Hi - We did Patrick's tour in Papeete. It was a wonderful day.

He knows a great deal about the island and is eager to share it with you. His jeep was comfortable and the swimming stops were terrific. His English is very good.

We are going back in February and have booked his tour again. I can recommend him very highly. You'll have fun.

Hi - We did Patrick's tour in Papeete. It was a wonderful day.

He knows a great deal about the island and is eager to share it with you. His jeep was comfortable and the swimming stops were terrific. His English is very good.

We are going back in February and have booked his tour again. I can recommend him very highly. You'll have fun.

Archived