NY vs Newark for NY cruise -hotel & transport

Banleno007

Had planned on flying into NY 3/24 for a 3/25 cruise. Would I be better off flying into Newark? Looking for hotel and transportation for 4. Also, if we came in earlier on Sat. any recommendations for something to do to experience NY? (We have 1 teenager and 1 Sr. Cit):rolleyes: Wouldn't mind a transportation co. since we would have luggage and 4 people.

What ship will you be sailing on ? There are three ports in NY - Manhattan, Brooklyn and Bayonne. Your choice of airport may depend on a combination of which port, your flight costs, your transportation costs, and your hotel costs.

How many hotel rooms do you need? What is your hotel budget? I saw from another post that your mom may have mobility issues. Does she travel with a walker or wheelchair? Do you need a handicapped hotel room? Hotel rooms in Manhattan will be very expensive. Newark Airport has the widest selection of reasonable hotels. LaGuardia Airport is more expensive, and we don't generally recommend staying at JFK hotel.

Note: buddycruise is posting the same question on another thread. Are you from the same family? If so, I would use just one CC Id to gather information and ask questions - it will be much less confusing for everyone. The more details you can provide about your situation, the better. If you have 5 people and one has special needs, you will likely require 2 hotel rooms and a direct reservation with the hotel (as opposed to using Hotwire or Priceline).

New York is the city that never sleeps. If you stay in Manhattan it will be possible to do something the evening you arrive or very early the next morning (time change from Europe).

Note: buddycruise is posting the same question on another thread. Are you from the same family? If so, I would use just one CC Id to gather information and ask questions - it will be much less confusing for everyone. The more details you can provide about your situation, the better. If you have 5 people and one has special needs, you will likely require 2 hotel rooms and a direct reservation with the hotel (as opposed to using Hotwire or Priceline).

New York is the city that never sleeps. If you stay in Manhattan it will be possible to do something the evening you arrive or very early the next morning (time change from Europe).

I think we have a bored child making these posts. And EXACT duplicate of a post I made in 2008 was just reposted in the cruise air forum. Someone picked up on it. I went back and found my EXACT post from 2008. And sure enough, other than some info that was taken out, it is EXACTLY what I posted almost 4 years ago.

So I went to the post history of this person. Signed up in Feb. 2012, posted about ALL the cruises they had taken, then starts another thread (couldn't see if that was a copy) about which cruise line to take with a specific demographic and cabin size etc. And the same time they are going to be in NY (this post) they are also going to be in the Caribbean. IGNORE posts from Banleno007.

I think we have a bored child making these posts. And EXACT duplicate of a post I made in 2008 was just reposted in the cruise air forum. Someone picked up on it. I went back and found my EXACT post from 2008. And sure enough, other than some info that was taken out, it is EXACTLY what I posted almost 4 years ago.

So I went to the post history of this person. Signed up in Feb. 2012, posted about ALL the cruises they had taken, then starts another thread (couldn't see if that was a copy) about which cruise line to take with a specific demographic and cabin size etc. And the same time they are going to be in NY (this post) they are also going to be in the Caribbean. IGNORE posts from Banleno007.

I thought that post looked very familiar!

There's even a better one though...this person also posted they were scheduled to take a cruise on the Regal Empress, a ship that was scrapped in 2009, and just found out the cruise will be on a different ship. :rolleyes:

Al Gore should have never invented the Internet...it would have saved us all a lot of aggravation. :D

Archived