Price drop, not booked ES, final payment made....out of luck?

GAcruiser417

I noticed price drop on my upcoming cruise (I have 2 cabins booked), I did NOT book early saver, and I HAVE made the final payment. ugh.

Am I completely out of luck for getting an onboard credit for the difference??? Any suggestions on how to convince Carnival they should give me the credit? :confused:

I noticed price drop on my upcoming cruise (I have 2 cabins booked), I did NOT book early saver, and I HAVE made the final payment. ugh.

Am I completely out of luck for getting an onboard credit for the difference??? Any suggestions on how to convince Carnival they should give me the credit? :confused:

You will NOT get an onboard credit...that is only going to happen with ES. You can try to convince all you want...they are not going to give you something that you aren't entitiled too...some people have to fight to get it when they are supposed to...

What you can do is check the categories above yours and if there is one tha is selling for equal to or less than what you paid for your cabin they might be willing to upgrade you to that category, but that is about all they will do for you. Sorry! This has happened to us a few times!

If you contact them regarding the price differential they may offer to upgrade you but you won't get any OBC.

:)

I noticed a price drop within the 48 hour window of the "110% best price guarantee" after I booked (Not ES, of course), and the onboard credit ($60) was applied less than 24 hours after submitting the form. I'm assuming you're past the 48 hour window though... I never book ES, so I was surprised to find a price drop about 12 hours after I booked!:eek:

I'm in the same boat as you are.

Remember it is final payment DUE date that controls not whether you have paid in full. If you are still before the final payment DUE date you should get a refund or OBC.

It depends on how they booked. You will only get an OBC if it is part of a special promotion, ES or Best Price Guarantee...but that is only good within 48 hours of booking your cruise.

You can't get a refund on all sailings either. If that were the case they would never change the pricing. I mean, there would be NO advantage to ES if you could get a refund with all rates. People would spend all day rate checking and adjusting their rates.

Best OP is going to be able to do is an upgrade which they don't want. It is the game you play. You hope you get the best price, it sucks when it goes down and you can't get anything, but it is a great feeling when it goes up and you don't have to pay that price!

Thanks for the info. The did offer an upgraded cabin...but we have 8Ms (aft balconies), and we are looking forward to our first sailing in these.

I think I'll chalk this up to "lesson learned" and add it to my notes for the future. :(

The reason for booking ES is the lower rate up-front and the small potential for another price break later. But you accept some risks in doing that.

If you book the "easy" way (you don't incur these cancellation risks) you shouldn't be entitled to these perks.

Is that a good way to look at it?

Thanks for the info. The did offer an upgraded cabin...but we have 8Ms (aft balconies), and we are looking forward to our first sailing in these.

I think I'll chalk this up to "lesson learned" and add it to my notes for the future. :(

Don't feel bad, it doesn't always happen anyway. I booked ES for the first time and was so excited because I finally had the chance to take advantage of a price drop...guess what...my cabin was the last in the category for 3 guests so no price drop for me! We all learn lessons, so next to BOOK ES, make sure you put a note...CABIN CATEGORY WITH LOTS AVAILABLE!!

This is good information to know.

So, let me see if I have an understanding. If you book Early Saver and the price drops you are eligible for a refund or an On Board Credit or is this if you don't book early saver?

If you book Early Saver and the price drops before final payment, you will get the cost of your cruise reduced. If it drops after final payment you will get OBC. BUT it has to be an advertised price, and it has to be in the same cabin category with the same number of guests...

I have seen people get $20 and people get $500...plus ES is usually one of the lower rates to begin with but it is only available for up to 3 months before a 5 night cruise or 5 months for 7 nights or longer cruises so it isn't something you can get if you are last minute...

If you book Early Saver and the price drops before final payment, you will get the cost of your cruise reduced. If it drops after final payment you will get OBC. BUT it has to be an advertised price, and it has to be in the same cabin category with the same number of guests...

I have seen people get $20 and people get $500...plus ES is usually one of the lower rates to begin with but it is only available for up to 3 months before a 5 night cruise or 5 months for 7 nights or longer cruises so it isn't something you can get if you are last minute...

Thanks for that explanation! I understand now.

Great summary, I'm going to copy & paste for my notes!:)

Archived