Is it a big deal if luggage weighs over 50 pounds?

naylenk

YAY! Today is our sail day!!! We're very excited to get on Liberty in a few short hours. We've been traveling for a week already and have done some shopping. As a result, our suitcases are heavy. We were just putting on the luggage tags and noticed that it says to keep the suitcases under 50 pounds. I wish I could, but can't at this point. I plan on purchasing another suitcase so we don't have problems at the airport, but do you know what happens with overweight luggage when you get on the cruise?

Thanks!

YAY! Today is our sail day!!! We're very excited to get on Liberty in a few short hours. We've been traveling for a week already and have done some shopping. As a result, our suitcases are heavy. We were just putting on the luggage tags and noticed that it says to keep the suitcases under 50 pounds. I wish I could, but can't at this point. I plan on purchasing another suitcase so we don't have problems at the airport, but do you know what happens with overweight luggage when you get on the cruise?

Thanks!

Suitcases are not weighed at the port. When you arrive the suitcases are handed over to the porters and placed directly into large steel cages. I would just hand the porters a tip.

Vinnie

only to the persons having to lift it.

when you're done packing, take your luggage up and down the stairs a couple of times, and also lft and put it up on a shelf somewhere. take it down and put it back up.

then think if you care how others will feel having to lift and transport the same.

Thanks!

Overweight bags at the airport incur a hefty surcharge, much more than an extra bag fee. If your luggage isn't overweight at the airport, why would it be overweight at the cruiseport? If you're that close to the weight limit flying home, buying duty-free booze could push your checked bags over the limit.

only to the persons having to lift it.

when you're done packing, take your luggage up and down the stairs a couple of times, and also lft and put it up on a shelf somewhere. take it down and put it back up.

then think if you care how others will feel having to lift and transport the same.

sounds to me like the OP was simply asking if they will be billed on the cruise etc, and has had no time to buy another suitcase before their flight...not sure where they said they don't care about anything....

sounds to me like the OP was simply asking if they will be billed on the cruise etc, and has had no time to buy another suitcase before their flight...not sure where they said they don't care about anything....

being they didn't use that verb, that is subject to interpretation.

Archived