West Bay Beach Tabyana

buster42

I want to go to the West Bay Beach Tabyana on April 4th - I will be on carnival Dream- we went to beach before and booked through cruise- I was told the only way to go is booking through cruise- Is that correct? Can we take a taxi? I am traveling with a party of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids)What would estimated cost be?

No you don't have to go through the cruise, you can get a taxi. Check out

http://www.bananaramadive.com/cruise-shippers/index.html they have good prices and a flexible shuttle pickup service . There is also Boden tours, I haven't used them, but I've heard they are good.

I'm glad to hear this. I already booked Tex with Victor Bodden and wanted to do a few hours at Tabyana to snorkel and read that it was for cruise ship excursions only. Now I feel better that I can do both :)

I'm glad to hear this. I already booked Tex with Victor Bodden and wanted to do a few hours at Tabyana to snorkel and read that it was for cruise ship excursions only. Now I feel better that I can do both :)

West Bay Beach is public. Tabyana is a small stretch of that one mile beach with chairs and facilities that are reserved for cruise excursion guests. You can't use their facilities unless you book with the ship. But you don't need to. There are other spots on the beach to rent chairs, eat, drink and the snorkeling is for anyone.

West Bay Beach is public. Tabyana is a small stretch of that one mile beach with chairs and facilities that are reserved for cruise excursion guests. You can't use their facilities unless you book with the ship. But you don't need to. There are other spots on the beach to rent chairs, eat, drink and the snorkeling is for anyone.

so I can go to the other spots but still snorkel at Tabyana? I read that Tabyana has the best snorkling so I want to make sure we can go there.

so I can go to the other spots but still snorkel at Tabyana? I read that Tabyana has the best snorkling so I want to make sure we can go there.

Have a look at this thread about shore snorkeling from West Bay Beach, where Tabyana is. It is all the same beach, the silly cruise corps have named their part of sand Tabyana. It is all kinds of confusing.

This is not true as I have an excursion booked not thry the ship and we will be going to Tabyana. Also my mother went there in Nov not thru the ship.

This is not true as I have an excursion booked not thry the ship and we will be going to Tabyana. Also my mother went there in Nov not thru the ship.

Technically, if you are not on a cruise, you can book directly with Tabyana... but, if you are on a cruise, you are supposed to book through your ship. This is what the website says:

"If you are not with a cruise ship but would still like to enjoy paradise and Tabyana's incredible amenities and activities, please contact us directly for rates. We are open whenever there's a ship in port and by request for events."

http://www.tabyanabeach.com

IDK maybe the tour co I am going with has something worked out with them. We shall see. I spacifically made sure we are going to Tabayana and I know that is where they took my Mom.

I will let you guys know when I get back. :)

Most people estimate this beach to be about 1 mile long. Measuring on Google Earth, it looks to be only .58 miles. With such a small strip of sand, I can picture tour operators saying "Yes, we're going to Tabyana Beach.", when it is really a couple hundred feet away. Either way, it is the same beach, same reef, and same excellent snorkeling. The only difference is the food, drinks, lounge chair, and music. :cool:

If you want some really good food while you're there, try Celeste's. They are 1 block inland from Bananarama and their Baleadas are to die for! :) We had the lobster ones, which were $10 or $12 and had at least a whole lobster tail in them... they were fantastic! (Thank crewsweeper for this suggestion!) :D

Archived