Looking for reviews on Speed Boat Trip to Saona Island

babycakes24

Seavis customizes the trip around the cruise ship times.

There is no comparison between the Seavis experience and the ship-sponsored experience. I too considered the latter but we were so, so happy that we went with Seavis. Amazing experience, and the staff is wonderful!

Seavis customizes the trip around the cruise ship times.

There is no comparison between the Seavis experience and the ship-sponsored experience. I too considered the latter but we were so, so happy that we went with Seavis. Amazing experience, and the staff is wonderful!

Do you remember what time you arrived back at port and what time did your ship leave? I see on the Seavis site it says that they "transfer back" to the ship at 3:15 and it says its a 25 minute ride back to the pier which would make it about 3:40pm. Yikes! It just sounds a little close to me, so i guess im just trying to figure out what time everyone else has got back to the pier. I know I would feel much more comfortable is they started transferring back at about 245 instead. Thoughts?

What I'm saying Mizz is don't sweat it. They get you back in plenty of time. Even if there's a mechanical problem they're prepared. Their pick-up and return times jive with the ship time in port very well. When we cruised there the port time was an hour later than posted in the Carnival itinerary and Seavis accommodate they easily.

What I'm saying Mizz is don't sweat it. They get you back in plenty of time. Even if there's a mechanical problem they're prepared. Their pick-up and return times jive with the ship time in port very well. When we cruised there the port time was an hour later than posted in the Carnival itinerary and Seavis accommodate they easily.

Thanks for all your help! Im just trying to keep the wife from killing me! :)

LOL - understood! :p

If you go Seavis she'll be extra nice to you on the ship that night ;)

The tour is gorgeous, the rum free flowing, and the food is excellent. And the staff is special...

The Carnival folks were down the beach from us and didn't do as much as we did.

My family did the Seavis tour seperate from the Carnival Tour with a group from our Roll Call over Christmas. Don't worry! The 1st thing they told us is... Don't worry about getting back to the ship & they were right on. Made it back with a good hour to spare. We actually had to wait for a group that the taxi broke down & they got a replacement taxi for them so they still made the tour. About a 20 minute taxi ride from Bayibe to the ship. You won't regret booking this on your own. It's cheaper than Carnival's tour & lasts longer. Plus you get a lunch & some drinks included. Also, the boats are smaller & there is more interaction with the guide. We had the owner as our guide & really enjoyed him. After lunch we stopped at the "Natural Pool" & saw starfish & got to hold them. They also had some cake & more drinks. This IS NOT included in the Carnival tour. My kids also found several Sea Cucumbers, some small crabs & a Sea Urchin. The water is about 2-3 ft deep. This tour operator gets my thumbs-up!! I don't think you can find a negative review on them. One thing, getting in & out of the boats can a little hard if you have some physical limitations. But, they do help you if needed. I would definitely go with them again.:D

We took this tour with our two girls, 5 and 7. They absolutely loved it. They still talk about the huge starfish we found and the fast boat ride. This was our favorite part of our cruise and well worth the money.

If you have back problems or a shoulder injury just tell your guide before you set off and they will seat you appropriately and help you in and out of the boat. If you have a more serious back problem then email them and they'll be able to tell you if their tour is suitable or not.

You can get a bit wet on the boat trip. It's a good idea to pack valuables in a ziplock sandwich or freezer bag.

You can see the type of boat they use here http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/shoreexcursion_e.htm

Seavis are only bookable online, see the link above.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know I'm in the minority about this excursion but I was not impressed. We booked directly.....First when we got off the ship it was VERY hard to find them. They were outside the gate, way back in the corner. No signs or identifying logo on the van. They piled us in a van and it was so hot! 30 min. drive to the speed boats. 6 speed boats went to the island and they pretty much race the whole way. It is VERY bumpy so if you have back issues this is not for you. That didn't really bother me though. So we get to the island and they have nothing to lay on. No beach chairs. A few are stacked against a building and people start grabbing them. My husband gets one for the two of us and asks a guy standing there if that's ok. He said yes.We lay out for about an hour, eat food they prepared (very good food) and drink. The drink consists of warm rum and cokes that you wait in a long line for. Uck! We go to leave and the guy that said we could have the chair comes up to us and says we owe him $20! We are like, no...you said we could have it. He started getting VERY pushy and my husband said, just give it to him. At this point I was annoyed beyond belief since we already paid for this excursion and it said chairs are included so I kinda went off on him and we walked away. On the way back the boats stop at a very shallow area in the middle of nowhere. Like a huge sandbar. It was very cool until all the girls started taking off there tops for drinks. The boat drivers who work for Seavis are freely pouring rum in there mouths.It was disgusting! And trust me, I'm not a prude. We finally get back to the dock and are walking back to the van and out of nowhere comes likes 20 young boys pouring water from gallon jugs on our feet begging for money. You could not even walk. It freaked me out and I got to the point where I was just telling them to get away from me.

Most people LOVE this excursion but I guess it's what your into??? Just my opinion.

That is a very different day than we had - the guidecwas wsiting for us at the gate, not a fast or long taxi ride, not a bumpy ride on the boat, no issues on Sanoa, and our group was not out of control. Sorry you had such a different experience!

2xsin12mths, sorry about your experience. I also had a hard time finding them & we also had a full mini-van taxi(with working A/C) to Bayahibe. The boat ride can be rough, especially if it's windy. Even a cruise ship will experience that. Our boat went through a 4/5 foot wake of a yacht in front of us. We got showered in water & everybody loved it. At the beach we got 1 of the shelters there & had open loungers on the beach. I didn't notice anybody charging for loungers. The experience you had at the Natural Pool, sandbar, does sound wild. I hope there wasn't families with kids there. We also had the kids washing our feet & walking vendors bothering us but, I don't know how you can blame Seavis for that. Did you mention anything to the owner? He was our guide & answered any questions or concerns I had. Again, I'm sorry you had a bad experience but, my family would love to go again.

Archived