Dueling orchestra's during the day?

navygator

Does anyone know if the Orchestra's play during the day at St. Marks in Venice? My DD9 is an avid violinist and would love to see this but DH and I were thinking a nice romantic evening by ourselves in Venice would be great! We are in Venice in Aug for 2 days. Arrive 2pm and depart next day at 7pm.

When we were in Venice this past summer, the orchestras were playing in the evening. It was lovely.

You may enjoy listening to them, but a seat will cost you. We were prepared so it was fine, but we saw many people "attempt" to sit down, and they were quickly informed that the chairs and tables were for paying customers only, and were asked to leave.

Have fun!

I think they start in the early evening. It's a great thing to do. They do not let you sit there and just listen. And a cup of cappuccino will run you about $20 with the cover charge. I am usually one to deal with expenses on vacation for the experience of it all... but this was just TOO much for me. lol

Archived