Luggage & Cigarettes

NurseMarla

We are going on our first cruise in November. I am wondering how much luggage do people usually take? I have it in my head that we have to cram everything into one checked bag & one carry-on each.

Also, where do you buy cigarettes on board? I have seen people talking about a 4-5 carton limit, but nobody has said where they are getting them. :confused: Do you buy them on the ship or at port? What do the prices usually run?

Thanks!

You can take as much luggage as you can handle.

Cigs in the gift shop, prices vary by brand. Pall Mall 2 cartons for 31.00

Other brands more but not by much. You are only allowed to bring back 1 carton pp duty free. If you buy more you MIGHT be charged tax at customs. I always declare how many I have and have never been charged extra.

Just off the Valor a few weeks ago. You buy cigarettes in the Fun Shops, usually located on deck 4 I think. Don't worry, you'll find them. We bought 2 cartons of Marlboro's for $52.00 about 50% off retail here in Kansas.

The Fun Shops are not open when your ship is in port. The day you sail I believe you should wait until you're in international waters because then they don't charge you tax. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that :rolleyes:.

When your cruise is over you are allowed to take off one carton per person over 18. We usually do that plus I'll have at least 8 loose packs in my purse. Never had a problem.

As to how many suitcases to pack and bring? We fly Southwest so no checked baggage fees which can be killer. Just remember to leave a little room for anything you buy while you're cruising.

Have a blast!

In the ships Duty Free Shop

Like someone else said Pall Mall were about $31 for 2 cartons.

Most all name brands are about 27ea 2/52 5/110 ...about,

I don't remember exactly and they say it varies some by ship.

American Spirit were a little bit more. I didn't pay attention, but still way cheaper than home.

You might or might not find your brand or type, so be prepared to be flexible.

I always bring some from home incase I can't get some I like.

Thanks! We will bring some, but like I said, I don't wanna be packing a carton or 2 if we can buy them there & cheaper at that! We usually smoke Sonoma, but only because they are pretty reasonable around here. I don't care for Pall Mall, but only because it takes FOREVER to smoke one!

Take as much luggage as you want. I just replied to another thread that we take (3) 30" rolling bags for 2 of us. I'm a smoker, DH is not. Cigs are much cheaper on board or in port depending on what you smoke. My cigs (Capri 120's) are never found in either place. Keep in mind that they are limited on board as to what they carry. The majors - Marlboro, Marlboro lights, Salem, Benson & Hedges, etc. The Marlboro Lights typically GO really fast, so go to the gift shop as soon as you possibly can before they are all sold out.

Have Fun!

We are sailing western caribbean. I just don't wanna waste packing space, especially if we can get them cheaper once on board.

Hi, I am from KS also (Lawrence-- Go Hawks) we buy our smokes in Riverside (KCMO) Don't know where you're from in KS. They are cheaper than on the ship. But on a WCarribean you might be able to get them cheap in Mexico-Cozumel. We have brought back 2-4 cartons pp w/o any problems.

Archived