Why NCL?

Bostoncruiser35

I have only cruised once,only on NCL and I have another planned on NCL. We had such a great time! I have heard of other cruisers being very loyal to NCL even after cruising other lines. I have yet to experience any other cruise lines. Because we live in Boston and want to avoid the plane/ship combo and we like to sail to palm trees, I'm not sure we ever will, but maybe. My question is, after cruising other lines, why do you still prefer NCL?

For me its the freestyle aspect. I took a royal Caribbean cruise and didnt like the idea of being told when to eat and where to sit. (Tho I think its a choice now). NCL is more like "Heres some things to do. Do them, dont, we dont care. But the choice is yours!"

I really like having those choices vs a schedule. The only schedule we have is for excursions! :D

When we 1st started cruising NCL was the only one with Freestyle, which particularly appealed to us for meals. Now almost everybody has some version of any time dining.

We like the party atmosphere -- there is a party if you want one but there are quiet spots too. It's like the three bears -- some lines are too much party, some lines are too sleepy but NCL is just right. :)

We like the price & that we can drive to the port. DH likes dark beer & they have Murphy's on tap at Maltings. We have always found staff that goes out of their way on the little things. Fo exanple, by the 2nd night of one cruise the bartender at Maltings figured out that I am a wine drinker; rather than have me get up periodically to go to the wine bar for my wine that he didn't normally stock, he kept a bottle for me.

Ironically we love to dress up even though that is not an NCL requirement.

I like NCL for the Freestyle. But I'm not loyal to NCL and like other cruise lines for other reasons. When I choose a cruise it is not based on cruise line but on what I am looking to get out of the cruise. Our decision on which ship to sail is based on itinerary, value, ship, and embarkation port. The ranking of these variables depends on what we want out of the vacation. I personally don't see the point of being loyal to one line and think those that are loyal to one line could be missing out on some wonderful vacations because they have unreasonably limited their own options.

We're Emerald on RCCL and have also done CCL, and PCL. We still prefer the ship layout on the RCCL Voyager/ Freedom class ships over anything else we've been on. BUT we REALLY like the Freestyle cruising concept with multiple dining and live entertainment options on NCL. Which is why our last 2 cruises have been NCL.

Archived