New Souvenoir Bamboo Cup - Caution in Dry Climates

ferfoodle

Just absolutely loved Carnival's new Souvenoir Bamboo Cup I got on our Liberty cruise. They are for purchase up on Lido at Red Frog or Blue Iguana and are 16 oz. Buy it and they refill it all week for the 12 oz. price.

Been home 3 weeks now where our relative humidity is almost always below 10% and well....it split the whole way down the cup. Now I have a 16 oz. brown cup sans the Carnival logo bamboo. I should have known better living here my whole life I know the climate kills things like that. Should have got the Tiki cup instead.

So for all us Westerners in the dry climates - think twice on which souvenoir cup to buy.

Yes, picture please.

We were just on the Freedom and I never saw the cup.

I have the monkey head, and got the funnel one this last trip, also know there is a fish and a disco globe, but have not heard of a bamboo one.

I think they are the new funship 2.0 cups. They no longer have the classic DOD Carnival Cup on Liberty. Instead, the DOD was served in a regular cup. They had several different souvenoir cups that you could buy and use all week for the discount on drinks instead. Should have got one of the Tiki man glasses. They were cute too.

I live in a dry climate, but I still want to get it *BG*....I would make sure that it got used every week, or at least had a quick dip in some water to keep the moisture level up....I could also use it as a waterglass....

Looking forward to bringing home some of those new fancy cups when I go on the Liberty in September..

Archived