Rhine vs. Danube river cruise?

musicmommy23

We have decided early April end of March 2013 but still deciding which line to use?? so many decisions..thinking of France; so maybe warmer?? instead of Rhine...we did a rhine day cruise the same weeks years ago and being easter many of the towns in germany were on holiday..so hoping maybe France would be better?? would like uniworld but pricing is a factor with airfare..

for us it's spring break, so I only need to take a week off and fortunately pricing is lower:):)

I think we are still leaning towards April, also cost wise.

For us the Rhine looks like the way to go, we love the history of Strasbourg, also maybe to tour the Kronenboug brewery!! :)

I think we are still leaning towards April, also cost wise.

For us the Rhine looks like the way to go, we love the history of Strasbourg, also maybe to tour the Kronenboug brewery!! :)

Initially we were set on Amsterdam to Basel but now its France:) :) either one I don't think we can go wrong..

Each river itinerary has something great. One must see them all...so just start a list and then begin scratching them off as you go. :) You can't go wrong...

Hi Pete

I see by your sig you will do the Rhine in late April.

be sure to let us know how you enjoyed it!!!

Thanks

Edited by Fla Mike

Each river itinerary has something great. One must see them all...so just start a list and then begin scratching them off as you go. :) You can't go wrong...

I had not heard of scenic until I saw your upcoming cruise...sounds nice. Can't wait to hear about the new ship.

• 10 months later...

I have done 3 river cruises--the Rhine in summer and the Danube in fall on AMA and the Danube in November--Christmas Markets--on Grand Circle. All were great.

For me it's often about the ports. I loved the pre-trip stay in Prague on the Danube cruise as well as Vienna, Passau and Regensberg.

On the Rhine we didn't get to Strasbourg but my favorite were the very small, quaint and picturesque Bernkastel, Cochem and Rudesheim.

• 1 year later...
Last year they went to Serbia, Romania and somewhere else and was involved in a bus wreck on one of their tours

. They weren't hurt, but were inconvenienced. Gate One reimbursed their trip.

My sister and her husband were on that bus and almost got killed. People were badly injured!.

Edited by sbwmail