Why past guest rate over es?

nickiefriend

It seems like to me it just gets higher when I try past guest vs early saver. Am I missing something like obc or "special treatment":rolleyes:

Only advantage of past guest over ES is you can cancel without penalty up to a certain point, with ES you cannot.

Only advantage of past guest over ES is you can cancel without penalty up to a certain point, with ES you cannot.

It's a matter of flexibility. With ES you can get credit for price drops AFTER final payment, and usually a cheaper price than with Past Guest rates. However, with ES you cannot make any changes or cancellations without penalty after booking. Also sometimes the category you want is not available with ES rate (as was my situation).

no es name changes stinks. if you aren't in a relationship and am looking for friends, family, or strangers from fan forums to go with you you can't just see a good price and book it and hope to find someone to add later. or you book it and your cabin mate says they want out even though you told them everything.

It's a matter of flexibility. With ES you can get credit for price drops AFTER final payment, and usually a cheaper price than with Past Guest rates. However, with ES you cannot make any changes or cancellations without penalty after booking. Also sometimes the category you want is not available with ES rate (as was my situation).

I am aware of all of this, I just did not go into this because the post was Why past guest over ES? And I really have only seen this as the only advantage...I personally have never seen past guest cheaper than ES and the only other thing I could think MIGHT possibly happen is if there was some sort of added perk in Past Guest such as free upgrades that gave you a better price over the ES...

I think with the ability to perhaps get a price reduction or OBC and with the cheaper price the ES is a winner, EXCEPT for the no cancellations and no changes...

If you are 100% sure you are cruising, ES is the way to go. I regretted booking ES when my son broke up with is GF (who was supposed to go with us) conveniently right after I booked. I am glad I didnt book ES on our next as we switched from Fascination to Destiny. I would have booked ES if available on the Destiny when we switched. Wouldnt you know it, the prices dropped now and I cant take advantage of on board credit.

If you are 100% sure you are cruising, ES is the way to go. I regretted booking ES when my son broke up with is GF (who was supposed to go with us) conveniently right after I booked. I am glad I didnt book ES on our next as we switched from Fascination to Destiny. I would have booked ES if available on the Destiny when we switched. Wouldnt you know it, the prices dropped now and I cant take advantage of on board credit.

Exactly .. ES is fine .. unless something happens. I bet Carnival is making out like a bandit on all the folks who have to change who never think they will have to change.

Me? My sister got married 2 months after she started seeing someone who rushed her to the alter and I had 8 cruises booked with her.

Archived