reality please!!!!!

2girlsnlovefl

It all comes down to expectations and priorities, and as such everyone is entitled to their own view of what their experience was like. DH and I lead a relatively simple, but busy lifestyle. When we go on a cruise we look forward to and enjoy immensely slowing down and taking it easy. We always go to late seating for dinner and often are some of the last ones leaving the MDR. We enjoy the staff and hearing of their families and homelands, our fellow cruisers' company, and, of course, the food. Does it bother us to get "slow" service? Not in the least! A leisurely relaxing dinner is what we expect!! Others may not agree and that is OK.

Prior to our 2/12/12 sailing on the Magic, I wasn't expecting much because of all the negative reviews I had read about the ship. I was pleasantly surprised that not one of the negative things occurred. We had the best service in the MDR both for dinner and breakfast that we've ever had. The food was good and served hot. Our cabin steward was great. No long lines or overcrowding. And the pizza was excellent! Saw the most dressed up people ever on elegant nights. I don't know if we just lucked out or things can vary that much on one ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

As others have pointed out it is just an opinion and not everyone has the same one. We had the worst cruise--still okay tho--this past August. I loved the layout and the room on the Spirit--We had a suite-- but had service that we did not expect in the MDR. Was it awful no just not what we have been accustomed to since the 80's. Our head waiter had sporatic help so not really his fault. The food on Lido buffet was cold in the morning. None of this stops us from cruising. We have a b2b in Oct and am getting ready to book a Hawaii cruise.The majority of people would say a cruise to ALaska was their favorite--It was my least favorite of all my cruises--so really goes to show we all have different opinions. Any day on a cruise is better than one without as far as I am concerned. Just go and have a great time. You will find the things you love, like and maybe don't exactly love!!

Archived