Is Bottomless Bubbles Card Worth the $$?

braz88

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the Bottomless Bubbles (Soda/Juice) card on Carnival.

Will be traveling with 2 boys (ages 9 and 4) who love to drink juice and soda.

I am leaning towards purchasing it for them.

How much does a soda/juice cost per glass if purchased on it's own? I will need to do the cost/benefit analysis on it.

From what I understand the card is only on the actual soda/juice and the 15% gratuity will be added to the sail and sign, correct?

Thanks!

For us, it is well worth it. We drink alot of soda and it tends to add up fast. I am not sure how much it is but I am thinking it is like $6.50 a day or something like that so if your boys will drink at least 3-4 sodas a day, it will be worth it for you. I am not 100% certain how much a single soda at the bar is but I am thinking it is $1.50 to $2.00.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the Bottomless Bubbles (Soda/Juice) card on Carnival.

How much does a soda/juice cost per glass if purchased on it's own? I will need to do the cost/benefit analysis on it.

From what I understand the card is only on the actual soda/juice and the 15% gratuity will be added to the sail and sign, correct?

Thanks!

Soda is $2.25 a can. I do not know how much they charge for juice. The gratuity is built into the price of the bottomless bubbles. If they drink more than 3 sodas or juice per day it is worth the price. Also for a few extra dollars you can get the insulated mug with a closeable lid.

We always get one so I can mix my rum.:D

Last time I checked the break even point is four drinks a day. For me? No way. I have 1 maybe 2 sodas a day, don't need them to make rum runner drinks and hell no way would I let me 9 and 7 y/o drink 4 sodas a day.

Thanks!

The price for the card includes the 15% gratuity. Once it is purchased there is no additional charge.

Thanks!

I think its worth it and make sure you only get one sticker.Im going to get flamed lol but only pay for one sticker and use it for both kids .Even when two use it Carnivals still making a ton of money

Last time I checked the break even point is four drinks a day. For me? No way. I have 1 maybe 2 sodas a day, don't need them to make rum runner drinks and hell no way would I let me 9 and 7 y/o drink 4 sodas a day.

The card is not just for sodas, it is also for premium juices.

I think its worth it and make sure you only get one sticker.Im going to get flamed lol but only pay for one sticker and use it for both kids .Even when two use it Carnivals still making a ton of money

Only the folks that smuggle booze will flame you:)

Be aware they scan the S&S with soda sticker to verify the owner of the card.. if the kids were closer in age maybe able to get away with it. Or just have the older kid be the "drink runner"

Be aware they scan the S&S with soda sticker to verify the owner of the card.. if the kids were closer in age maybe able to get away with it. Or just have the older kid be the "drink runner"

im pretty sure a 4 year old is not going to be going to the bar asking for a coke.Myself I would put the sticker on a parents card and get soda as they see fit

Yes better juice than on the Lido deck.

Last time, I went with my mom we bought these cards and ended up not using them much. It wasn't worth the trouble of waiting in line at the bar to get a small soda when you could get lemonade or ice tea for free. Plus we really like our coffee. (Water with a little lemonade is good flavored water; half lemonade and half ice tea is good too.)

Taking my son on an cruise at the end of March and he and I are not getting these. I hope he doesn't spend too much on pop! 1) We plan to bring pop on board and 2) He likes fruit punch and half lemonade/half ice tea - and he likes hot cocoa, which is free on the Lido deck too. I am hopeful that this is the right decision.

I have friends who spend as much on their S and S card as they do on the price of their cruises. Trying to avoid that! :)

Edited by SnowCrocus

We have always stopped at a grocery store in the port and purchased a 12 pack of soda each. On 8 day cruises, that has been plenty. I have a soda each night with dinner, and another during sea days. Both cruises, we have left some for our room steward when we left.

DH also drinks 2 bottles of wine that we bring, so the leftovers are usually "his" sodas.

We rarely purchase drinks on the ship- last cruise, I bought two virgin daquiris just because our bar waitress was so nice. Otherwise, I drink the ship's water and lemonade. Our sign and sail cards are generally just tips.

Bottomless bubbles is WAY too pricey for me. I don't see the value, for my useage. I'd love to drink more soda, but I sure don't need it. Kids cards are cheaper, but even as a kid, I was never allowed to drink that much soda- bringing on a 12 pack per passenger would be plenty, and unless you are on a long cruise, it is still more than 1 per day, which is more soda than most of the kids I know get to drink (1 per weekend day is what I am used to seeing from parents around here)

If you are giving your older child freedom to roam, it might be worth getting it so that he doesn't feel left out when friends get soda. But I can't imagine it would be worth it for a four year old. I don't believe in sharing the cards, I think it is a poor lesson to children, and cheating the system only makes prices go higher.

Edited by skittl1321

Yes better juice than on the lido.

I have friends who spend as much on their S and S card as they do on the price of their cruises. Trying to avoid that! :)

Are any of these juiced on the ship or are they the bottled type? Is there a juice bar onboard (the magic)?

We juice daily at home, so it'd be nice to continue that through our cruise.

Yes you can order cokes in the dining room with sticker. My son gets one and orders alot of shirley temples. It is worth it for him but my other son gets alot of smoothies and that is extra. I get one of the mugs when my son buys his soda card for me. I like to drink tea. Also fyi: i am a tea snob so I found that I can make hot tea with lipton tea bags and then pour it over ice. It taste better than the tea from the machine.