Versailles and Giverny in one day?

Pearl64

I know one should plan on spending the entire day at Versailles but I was wondering if one got an early start if both Versailles and Giverny could be seen in the same day? Can one get from Versailles to Giverny via public transportation easily? We will be in Paris the end of May. We will be staying in Paris so do not need to get back to a ship. Thanks for your help.

Pearl

It can be done if you hire a guide/driver. I did it a few years ago, spent a few hours at Versaille, went to Marie Antoinette's village, had a lovely lunch and went to Giverny. Was back in Paris that evening. Not sure if public transportation would work as well. I used Well-Arranged Travel and am using them again this July for similar trip ( once to Versaille is enuf but could see Giverny over and over!)

------------------

Helen

Getting from Paris to Versailles is easy (and inexpensive) by using the train. But doing both Versailles and Giverny in a day would require a car (trains would just take too darn long). Of course the cheapest way to do this is to simply rent a car and drive yourself (not difficult if you get a GPS).

Hank

Archived