Can I do it? No new clothes/bathing suits?

Chigirlcruzin

I too am recycling some of my clothes. Found out the dress I bought to go to the Kentucky Derby a few years ago still fits. And I work in a bank so I can re-wear a lot of it too.

My thinking is if I can wear it some place else, get it. LOL. So far I have bought 3 new dresses for this cruise, but not a single one of them has cost more than $20, except one that was $35. And I have some simple jewelry that I can wear with all of them so even less to pack. And all can have black shoes with them

So here is what I bought:

From Ann Taylor - tangerine skirt (the color of the season), yellow skirt, navy silk blouse, blue knit top, green knit top

From Zappos - Not Rated navy polka dot pumps, RSVP royal blue peep toe pumps, and Badgley Mischka black pumps

Oh, I've already failed. I just ordered some stuff online. Some of it will be coming on the cruise with me, but in no way is anything cruise specific :)

:D

I donate a lot of clothing. I cleaned out my closets right before the end of the year and brought twelve bags of clothing to Goodwill.

I donate regularly to Salvation Army, Purple Heart and various other local charities in my community. I always believe in giving back, or better to others because I've been so blessed in my own life. It's the right thing to do.

So here is what I bought:

From Ann Taylor - tangerine skirt (the color of the season), yellow skirt, navy silk blouse, blue knit top, green knit top

From Zappos - Not Rated navy polka dot pumps, RSVP royal blue peep toe pumps, and Badgley Mischka black pumps

Niiiiccceee!!! Love the colors and the items.

is this the shoe?

1814965-p-DETAILED.jpg Have Mercy!

This is not directed to you OP, but it is funny how one can be excited about a deal of an item they bought and may use on vacation, but not only to be used specially for the occasion only to have someone else come along and bring a wet blanket to dampen the experience. Why is that? :cool: :D

Now you all are making me drool over the shoes! :p

I'm going shopping in the States for a day soon for my cruise and can't wait to stock up on some great deals.

My family is constantly donating our gently used clothing to goodwill and my next donation will be of scarves because if I haven't used them this winter I don't need them.

Chigirl............

Cool shoes.....I would fall and break my neck.....too old for 4" heels............

So you work in Deerfiled and shop in NB and OO.....both of those are my shopping grounds...and I love downtown Highland Park....hubby grew up there.......I work in Northbrook.....so when is our lunch date.........I'm at Dundee and Landwehr..................

Dee

Thought about you today when I rode to the mall with a co-worker... Macy's has 65% off, shh... not that you wanted to know that, but the pretty colors for this spring/summer... poppy, coral, turquoise... oh my favorites. I had to bite my hand. :D

Good luck with your self-imposed challenge!!!

I noticed you have been on the Epic two times. We leave Saturday. Share your best hints, please!!! I am beyond excited. Just went to get my "cruise toes." I am currently sporting Essie "Miami Nice". Miami here I come!!!!

I'm going to get that color for my cruise too! I'm from Miami, but I now live in CA and am going on a Mexican cruise!:D

I'm struggling with the same problem!

But I'm sure you can do it! Judging by the fact that you have 14 swimsuits, I'm gonna assume you have a lot of clothes as well b/c you sound like me! I have so many swimsuits yet I'm still picking up more for this upcoming cruise smh. But all we need is a little self control :)

Self control!:eek: :D:D:D

Oh, I use the cruise as the excuse to buy. I live in Chicago, am single, go out a lot, travel a lot (not just cruises), so I wear my stuff again, but I just like to shop. I've ALWAYS been like this. I like finding great deals, and I use that to justify my purchases. No, I don't need another dress, but it's a $500 dress marked down to $40! And it's my size and looks great...how can I pass this up? And I find buying clothes and shoes fun! I love finding a great deal, and I love to put outfits together with different shoes, jewelry, etc.

We're like TWINS! Where's the "Like" button?! :D

You could, but why? Nobody is going to notice on the cruise if you have on new clothes or not. If you have things you like, are fashioanble, and clean/neat why buy more..a waste IMO.

Never a waste! My clothes are given away to my girlfriend's nonprofit charity. She says I'm their most favorite donator!:D

Why give it away if you can still wear it? It'll be new to everyone else that doesn't know you. I mean, if your clothes are well made, they fit, and are fashionable, neat, and clean..why buy more you probably don't need? Seriously..do you need 45 pairs of flip flops or 22 black dresses?

Never a waste! My clothes are given away to my girlfriend's nonprofit charity. She says I'm their most favorite donator!:D

I'm soooo weak! I ordered these two dresses. I LOVE the bright colors this season, and I saw a lemon colored dress where I really liked the style, but not the quality. I ordered these two dresses. One will go back. They are both available on Zappos, but I had to order the one with the flutter sleeve from Amazon because Zappos didn't have my size.

Well, shoot, I just got a Mac, and I can't figure out how to copy and paste! Right click and control C don't seem to work on a Mac!

Nice Chigirl! I am so loving the colors this season also, for some reason the yellow, coral, turquoise and magenta are just calling me from all angles. ;) I never thought about Zappos for clothing... hmm... Can't wait to see the pictures!

Agreed..a well made pair of white dressy pants and black strappy sandles

I think color on the bottom is tricky. I think this top would look great with white pants, though.

Well one of the yellow dresses went back. It was cute, but did nothing for my body. I have a 24" waist that I like to show off...this dress made me look straight up and down, and a belt just didn't look right.

While grocery shopping, the Marshalls next door had the other dress in the window. I went in to see if it was cheaper than Amazon. It was, but they didn't have my size. They did have another yellow dress. It's a little more casual, but it looked great and was only $40. I'm supposed to get the other one on Monday...we'll see how they compare. I don't want two yellow dresses.

Archived