Can I do it? No new clothes/bathing suits?

Chigirlcruzin

While grocery shopping, the Marshalls next door had the other dress in the window. I went in to see if it was cheaper than Amazon. It was, but they didn't have my size. They did have another yellow dress. It's a little more casual, but it looked great and was only $40. I'm supposed to get the other one on Monday...we'll see how they compare. I don't want two yellow dresses.

The "While grocery shopping" made me smile. Two Saturdays ago I went to do my groceries and also came back with two new sun dresses.

The "While grocery shopping" made me smile. Two Saturdays ago I went to do my groceries and also came back with two new sun dresses.

I usually never shop Marshalls/TJ Maxx because they usually don't have much in 0/2. The yellow dress in the window caught my eye, tho.

I have way too many cruise clothes. Some things I only wear on a cruise. After my daughter moved out, I took over her closet for my "cruise wardrobe". Whenever I go shopping, I am always looking for "cruise wear". I love to bring lots of little tops to wear with my pants. I never know what mood I will be in to match my clothes with, lol.

I got the second dress today, but it was red, not yellow. I should get the second red one at the end of the week lol. I LOVE this dress. Shows off my athletic figure perfectly. And it looks great with my nude Badgley Mischka peep toes...way better than the strappy silver heels.

I think about this post everytime I purchase something I want but don't need for this cruise!

Over the past few weeks I've bought two AMAZING pairs of wedges:

wedgies.png

wedgies1.png

2 floppy sun hats, skirts, tank tops, etc!

Idk what it is about wearing new clothes while on vacation but I personally love it.

I think about this post everytime I purchase something I want but don't need for this cruise!

wedgies.png

wedgies1.png

Idk what it is about wearing new clothes while on vacation but I personally love it.

Too be young again, with balance. I wouldn't mind seeing these in action to get a better viewpoint, but I know you'll look great.

I found a poppy suit, that I know I won't wear together, but with other pieces... not cruisewear... but spring colors have me happy!

wedgies.png

wedgies1.png

Great shoes. I have very muscular calves, so that type of shoe doesn't work for me, but I do like them.

My friend keeps texting pics of the stuff she's buying for the cruise lol. She's bought 4 bikinis. I finally gave in and bought one last night...I had a Victoria's Secret gift card, so it only cost me $3.

Part of my problem is that it's my JOB to shop. I am in stores all the time; everything from Walmart and dollar stores to Nieman Marcus and Louis Vuitton. I see lots of cool stuff all the time. Same thing with websites...I'm always scouring other retailers' web sites. Plus my job causes me to travel internationally, so I see lots of cool stuff there, too!

Chi... where can I apply?:D:p

Lol. I was a buyer for several years. I moved into a sourcing role where part of my responsibility is to feed the buyers trend info. And, my company does very little in terms of clothing, but you get a lot of trend info from clothing stores.

Lol. I was a buyer for several years. I moved into a sourcing role where part of my responsibility is to feed the buyers trend info. And, my company does very little in terms of clothing, but you get a lot of trend info from clothing stores.

Very interesting. I would love to hear more about the upcoming trends and how they determine what we will purchase from season to season. It's so funny to me to see color blocking back from the late 80's & 90's, particularly since I still watch repeat sitcoms where the fashions are right on point, sans the shoulder pads. lol... my mom always said, "there's nothing new under the sun." And she was right.

Agreed..a well made pair of white dressy pants and black strappy sandles

I think color on the bottom is tricky. I think this top would look great with white pants, though.

I need some suggestions... I have this top and am trying to figure out if it will make the cruise. I could do black pants or skirt, but I'm thinking of a color... what do you think?

ry%3D400

I found the perfect bottom for this shirt, its one of my favorite colors and I have the perfect shoe to bring them both together! Squealing like a little girl!

Well, I failed miserably. The answer is no, I can't do it. I bought two bikinis from Victoria's Secret. One is a teal with pink and coral flowers - halter style top with low rise bottom. The other is light blue with black flowers and white and black striped trim - bra-style halter top and string bottom.

I bought the yellow dress from Marshalls. My Amazon order of the one shoulder dress came in. I initially ordered the yellow, but when I found the Marshalls dress, I decided I didn't want two yellow dresses, so I ordered the red and figured I'd return the yellow. Well, the yellow dress came in, and it was red. No big deal, I'll just send it back, but I'm going to wait til the other shipment comes in. Well, the red dress came in, and yep, you guessed it...it was yellow. Now, this wouldn't be a big deal except the red dress is $20 less than the yellow. I want the red dress for the red dress price, not the red dress for the yellow price. Are you confused? I hope I can make the Amazon person understand lol, because I get tripped up thinking about it lol.

Why give it away if you can still wear it? It'll be new to everyone else that doesn't know you. I mean, if your clothes are well made, they fit, and are fashionable, neat, and clean..why buy more you probably don't need? Seriously..do you need 45 pairs of flip flops or 22 black dresses?

Celebrities do it all the time. If they're photographed in a dress that dress is dead to them. I will break that rule twice on this cruise... One of my dresses was photographed at my grandparents 60th anniversary party and another was photographed at my wedding party meet & greet party.

Well, I failed miserably. The answer is no, I can't do it. I bought two bikinis from Victoria's Secret. One is a teal with pink and coral flowers - halter style top with low rise bottom. The other is light blue with black flowers and white and black striped trim - bra-style halter top and string bottom.

OMG, I bought 2 VS bathing suits for this cruise too. We should get some pics and share!

• 1 month later...
I just booked a cruise yesterday! I have been on 3 cruises in the past year. I have about 14 bikinis, all in great condition because I have so many. In my 21 days of cruising, I only repeated 2 dresses (I like to wear a dress every night). I have tons of shoes...So the point is I don't need anything. However, I always say this and always end up buying stuff. I can totally afford it, but I'm running out of room! Can I not buy anything prior to my May cruise?

You could, but why? Nobody is going to notice on the cruise if you have on new clothes or not. If you have things you like, are fashioanble, and clean/neat why buy more..a waste IMO.

I would say that even though you have a lot of clothes, you can't love them that much or you would want to wear them again and again. I shop, buy new stuff and after I wear some once, maybe twice, that's it and I don't care to wear them anymore. But the ones I love, I wear them over and over again, even over new stuff.

And to the second poster here, I agree. No one is going to notice whether they are new or not. The only thing I can tell what is new on a person is their white tennis shoes. That really stands out. :eek::eek::p

I wear and bring what I have in my closet. I did buy a pair of capris, but i wear capris a lot during the summer when not working. I did retire a formal dress after 3 years of loving it and wearing it. So I'll be getting a new one. I am the one who buys clothes when she needs them not wants them. I'll never be a fashionista. Its who I am.

No one notices I wear same stuff twice. that's why they made accessories. I also found out stuff in the back of my closet is back in style- trendy and I didn't know it.:D I just wished I enjoyed clothes and shoe shopping.

I would say that even though you have a lot of clothes, you can't love them that much or you would want to wear them again and again. I shop, buy new stuff and after I wear some once, maybe twice, that's it and I don't care to wear them anymore. But the ones I love, I wear them over and over again, even over new stuff.

And to the second poster here, I agree. No one is going to notice whether they are new or not. The only thing I can tell what is new on a person is their white tennis shoes. That really stands out. :eek::eek::p

I do love them, I just get bored easily. In every aspect of my life.

I've bought several new things with the cruise in mind, but I will wear them otherwise as well - new shorts, some cute tops, a couple of sundresses, new sandals. The only thing I bought specifically for the cruise is a black halter cocktail dress for elegant night, and that only cost $14 at a resale shop :) (I would wear that otherwise too, if we ever go anywhere that requires it - seems there aren't many dress-up occasions anymore). I bought a bathing suit last year for a family reunion that I ended up not wearing, and have several others that have hardly been used as well, so I am ok in that department. We cruise in 6 weeks and I think I am prepared.

Archived