Poesia Aft Balcony 8199

kimkencruzers

Hello, we are booked with two adults and two tall teens in this aft balcony quad cabin. I just noticed that there is a "double sofa" instead of a pull down/sofa combo. Does anyone know if this sofa is big enough for two adult sized teens? Is it comfortable? Can the cabin accomodate a rollaway bed?

Thank You!

Hello, we are booked with two adults and two tall teens in this aft balcony quad cabin. I just noticed that there is a "double sofa" instead of a pull down/sofa combo. Does anyone know if this sofa is big enough for two adult sized teens? Is it comfortable? Can the cabin accomodate a rollaway bed?

Thank You!

I had a quad aft cabin on the Orchestra, sister ship but don't know for sure if the beds are configed the say way but likely they are.

The sofa was after the bed thus closer to the door to the balcony, the sofa bed was more like a day bed and actually had a trundle that rolled out from under it. Each had it's own bedding and looked more comfortable than a typical fold out sofa bed. We commented though that if using the forth it would be difficult to get by and out to the balcony

No extra room if pulled out for a rollaway (but it was already sort of like a rollaway).

Hope this helps!

Thanks Monicajay! It is a big help, I never even thought of a trundle bed. I was picturing a sofa bed wide enough for two people. Now the kids can sleep without getting each others "cooties" LOL! Now, I just have to hope it is long enough because they are 5'4" and 5'11"! Does anyone know of a picture of this cabin? Thanks!

I seem to recall reports of excessive vibration in the aft balconies.

True?

Yes. All the way upto the buffet area. This happens in the Musica, same class as the Poesia/Orchestra.

I seem to recall reports of excessive vibration in the aft balconies.

True?

Loved my MSC cruise...but the vibration was almost always. I just got home from a RCCL cruise in the aft and never felt anything. I am not a complainer and I was upgraded into that cabin, but next time I would avoid the aft on the Poesia.

• 9 months later...

well, I just got back. Yes there was vibration, but it didn't bother me in the least. It kind of lulled me to sleep at night. It was a good cabin location, mostly I think because there is no reason for tons of people and kids to be in that hallway unless you have a cabin there. Also, it was easy to dash out the side doors to see sunsets and things you couldn't see from the back. The couch was just fine, a detachable trundle bed that was comfortable.

well, I just got back. Yes there was vibration, but it didn't bother me in the least. It kind of lulled me to sleep at night. It was a good cabin location, mostly I think because there is no reason for tons of people and kids to be in that hallway unless you have a cabin there. Also, it was easy to dash out the side doors to see sunsets and things you couldn't see from the back. The couch was just fine, a detachable trundle bed that was comfortable.

Thanks for the report back! Quick question: Were you able to get to the balcony with both kids sleeping?

From memory.. You could get by if the bolster pillows from the main bed aren't stored under the curtain and if the side table was pushed away. You could move these obstacles the night before. But, the main thing is that you would be letting in a sudden flood of light in their faces and the noise from the waves if you are moving is very loud. It is quiet when the doors are shut. Also, half of the couch is a trundle that is separate and could be separated and pushed over a bit so the kids don't fight if they are at the age to fight

This is great info, thanks for the thread. We're in 8199 in ~2 months, and I chose this specifically for the double sleeper sofa. We usually cruise Carnival, so it's a nice contrast that MSC has chosen to take a desirable aft balcony and make it a 'real' quad.

Since the trundle is separate, is it possible to move it to the foot of the regular bed (or the side of the bed) to create a better access to the balcony? Or slide the entire couch towards the bed? It seems like it would be easier overall to have to climb over the (empty) bed, rather than try to slide around the sleeping kids on the couch (most likely while carrying a book, a snack and a drink...)

kimkencruzers: was the light problem during the daytime, or does is particular balcony have an outside/ship light source at night that can't be turned off?

Archived