Bus from Port to french Cul de Sac

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a public bus (which are no problem for us) to French Cul de Sac? We would like to go up there to rent a kayak and paddle over to Pinel Island. Or is it walkable from Orient Bay (please bear in mind we are young and fit and regular hikers!!).

Has anyone hired kayaks and paddled over?

Thanks all for any response! :)

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a public bus (which are no problem for us) to French Cul de Sac? We would like to go up there to rent a kayak and paddle over to Pinel Island. Or is it walkable from Orient Bay (please bear in mind we are young and fit and regular hikers!!).

Renting a car is best. No bus nearby and getting a taxi back is difficult.

I don't think orient to Cul de Sac is walk able. Orient to LeGalion is doable though.

Hi all,

There is no bus, but I have been looking at Google Earth; since you are "young and fit and regular hikers" I plotted a path from Orient.

If you walk Orient Beach from the taxi drop at Pedro's up to the Mt. Vernon complex, about 1 mile, it would then be about a 1.5 mile walk along mostly paved surfaces over to the Cul de Sac area. Then a kayak voyage of about .5 miles.

That said, Wind Adventures, located mid-Orient Beach, offered 2 hour Sea Kayak rentals. From Wind Adventures it is about 1.25 miles to Pinel.

gary

There is no bus, but I have been looking at Google Earth; since you are "young and fit and regular hikers" I plotted a path from Orient.

If you walk Orient Beach from the taxi drop at Pedro's up to the Mt. Vernon complex, about 1 mile, it would then be about a 1.5 mile walk along mostly paved surfaces over to the Cul de Sac area. Then a kayak voyage of about .5 miles.

That said, Wind Adventures, located mid-Orient Beach, offered 2 hour Sea Kayak rentals. From Wind Adventures it is about 1.25 miles to Pinel.

gary

Hi Gary,

Any idea how long the paddle to Pinel from Orient would take with intermediate paddlers on an average day?

Hi Gary,

Any idea how long the paddle to Pinel from Orient would take with intermediate paddlers on an average day?

I thought that I had linked the Wind Adventures website in my earlier post, but I now see that it's not.

Here is the link.

From the website:

From Wind adventures center, you can reach Green Cay island (10 minutes paddle) and Pinel Island (30 minutes paddle). We provide you with waterproof bag, snorkelling gear. Please, book online you sea kayak ( Bic sport single Bilbao or double Tobago kayak.). A cheap way to discover the Marine park and the islands of Green Cay and Pinel island (rentals starts at 13 dollars, snorkeling gear included).

Personally, I think these times are optimistic (except for Karysa).

gary

I thought that I had linked the Wind Adventures website in my earlier post, but I now see that it's not.

Here is the link.

From the website:

From Wind adventures center, you can reach Green Cay island (10 minutes paddle) and Pinel Island (30 minutes paddle). We provide you with waterproof bag, snorkelling gear. Please, book online you sea kayak ( Bic sport single Bilbao or double Tobago kayak.). A cheap way to discover the Marine park and the islands of Green Cay and Pinel island (rentals starts at 13 dollars, snorkeling gear included).

Personally, I think these times are optimistic (except for Karysa).

gary

I definitely don't paddle as fast as I walk LOL. :)

If anyone does this trip, please come back and let us know how you made out.

Archived