Atlantis - Independence of the Seas, Feb 2-10, 2013, Caribbean

sharksfansd

Hi Guys,

Partner and I just booked this cruise!!

Our first all gay chartered cruise, can't wait...

Looking forward to the dance parties and entertainment.

Welcome aboard, your going to have a great time, the entertainment is awesome and the parties are over the top. There is a facebook group that is more active than this roll call http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/233200163444862/

Myself and partner were on allure in feb and now just booked for the independence can't wait also as we are flying in from London gonna stay four nights before and three nights after cruise at royal palms really nice there and as if we won't have partied enough the royal palms has a Sunday t dance on feb 10 th

Are any other singles/couples planning to stay there as well or even if not be nice to meet up with others for drinks etc as found the allure fantastic but was difficult to meet up with others asvwasvso huge

Glad to hear that the Independence will work out well. I did regret not trying the Allure this year, but maybe they will do Allure or Oasis in the future.

I doubt that Atlantis will ever book an Oasis class ship again. They were not perfect for the type of parties that are the hallmarks of an Atlantis cruise. The Freedom and Explorer class ships are much better so that the parties can be held poolside. Atlantis was required to charter the Allure two years in a row-otherwise I doubt they would have had the 2nd cruise on Allure.

We are probably going to stay at a gay guesthouse in FLL prior to the cruise for about 3 or 4 days. Anyone else doing that or are you looking at hotels?

Most of the gay resorts in FLL are requiring 3 or 4 night minimum stays prior to our cruise.

My cruising partners are all staying with me in Orlando and we are going to play here then drive down the morning of cruise.

Final payment and the cxl deadline are coming next month! I'm so looking forward to this cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Final payment done, now onto picking out shore excursions and deciding on spa treatments. Suggestions on St Kitt's? never been to this port and it would appear they are not gay friendly, wonder what our reception will be there.

Final payment done, now onto picking out shore excursions and deciding on spa treatments. Suggestions on St Kitt's? never been to this port and it would appear they are not gay friendly, wonder what our reception will be there.

Feels great to have it already paid for!

St. Kitt's was one of the ports of call when I went on my first Atlantis cruise in March of last year. We didn't find the reception to be all that welcoming, so we did a short walk around the town and then headed back to the ship (never felt that I wasn't safe though). However, it was my least favorite stop and I would be fine if it wasn't on the itinerary this go around. Going to try and do an excursion there since we didn't go that route the last time.

St. Kitt's was one of the ports of call when I went on my first Atlantis cruise in March of last year. We didn't find the reception to be all that welcoming, so we did a short walk around the town and then headed back to the ship (never felt that I wasn't safe though). However, it was my least favorite stop and I would be fine if it wasn't on the itinerary this go around. Going to try and do an excursion there since we didn't go that route the last time.

Totally mis-spoke here (hopefully not a sign of getting older :D), as I was referencing St. Lucia in the post above and not St. Kitt's.

• 3 weeks later...

... Well it's almost here and being my first time and first gay cruise it seems a little daunting.

I know it will be awesome, but the anticipation leading up may kill me! Lol

Any other first timers ... Or experienced who can share their experiences?

... Well it's almost here and being my first time and first gay cruise it seems a little daunting.

I know it will be awesome, but the anticipation leading up may kill me! Lol

Any other first timers ... Or experienced who can share their experiences?

Don't worry you will have a great time, I had major anxiety before my first Atlantis trip wondering what would happen during the next week. Such an exhilarating feeling walking on that ship the first time. This will be number 4 for me so I'm hooked. More pre-cruise activity on the FB group.

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I are booked - it's our first gay cruise and we're really looking forward to it. (By the way, does anyone else find it difficult to navigate around these cruise critic message boards? I sure do!)

52 days to go :D

If it is your first Atlantis cruise, one key thing to know is that about month (or less) before the cruise Atlantis will send you info that you use to set things up on the Royal Caribbean site. You will get a RC number for your cruise and you use that to set up your account. I think you give your credit card and put an amount on your account for various extra charges onboard rather than doing that at the pier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Myself and partner were on allure in feb and now just booked for the independence can't wait also as we are flying in from London gonna stay four nights before and three nights after cruise at royal palms really nice there and as if we won't have partied enough the royal palms has a Sunday t dance on feb 10 th

Are any other singles/couples planning to stay there as well or even if not be nice to meet up with others for drinks etc as found the allure fantastic but was difficult to meet up with others asvwasvso huge

Hi guys,

I see you are all booking and flying in from London! I'm from London too and have booked for the Feb 2nd sailing. Where are you goes from?:)

well it's not long now till it's time to set sail ... however have to fly all the way from down under to get there!

it hasn't hit me yet that will be finally going on my first Atlantis cruise soon.

I hope the nerves, anticipation and the unknown of going on my first cruise is not going to kill me!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys-there is a very active fb group for this cruise, lots of fun guys getting ready for the cruise... it's a closed group but message me here with your fb details and I can invite you.

Just a few days to go now!

Recommend\ the sugar train, fort brimstone, and the historid Romneuy manor, home of Caribelle Batik

Hello all, few time alumni on Atlantis, and just found myself recently unemployed - so now have time - lol. In central FL and can get over to Frt. at last minute - has anyone received any openings in their room or travel partner unable to make it at the last minute. Would love to here from you. Easy to get along with and would love a break from a start to a bad year on several levels. Can be seen or unseen as needed from room, 49 years old here.

• 2 weeks later...
Did Atlantis announce the dates for their Feb or Mar 2014 Caribbean sailing?

here is a link to the brochure for the March cruise out of San Juan, details for the February cruise are not yet finalized either Independence again or the Celebrity Silhouette

http://www.coolcruisenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2014-Atlantis-Exotic-Southern-Caribbean-Cruise.pdf

Archived