Cruising with a large Group

I was in the same roll call as Barry, as we helped him organise his Indian lunch (as we organise a lunch for our roll call).

No it did not cost extra, and it was in the Waterfront.

I think we talked to the Maitre D about this.

Also the day we had our Indian lunch was the day they had a Indian Buffet on-board.

Thank you so much for the information. CC members have helped just so much.

We cruised with a large group for my Mum's 50th birthday a few years ago with 44 family & friends. It was fantastic! We actually had some fun with it & had a pre cruise BBQ where we did up cruise survival packs for everyone with tips, packing checklists, luggage tags and a heap of other fun things. Several of our group hadn't met each other as they all knew Mum from different places and we had a number of cruising virgins so the BBQ was a great opportunity to let them get to know each other & also have their questions answered.

This was in the time where there was set dining and we had several tables close to each other in the dining room. But we have always found that the Maitre D to be very accomodating. As long as you let them know with enough time they will do everything they can to help out. If you aren't looking for your entire group to dine together on the first night I wouldn't rush too much to see the Maitre D especially if there is a big queue as it will probably be easier for them to deal with it during a quiet time.

For our cruise we organised a couple of platters through room service to be delivered to one of the lounges before dinner on the night of Mum's actual birthday & took the time to have some speeches etc.

We found that most of the time people occupied themselves but we did catch up regularly. With such a big group it was not worth the stress of trying to catch up all the time! We just had a few times where we caught up and the rest of the time if people asked we would all say what we were doing & if people wanted to join in with other people they were always welcome. To be honest that's how we handle every cruise whether we are cruising with 4 people or even 44, people do what they want to do!

Don't let anyone take the joy from your cruise! If like my Mum & I you like organising things then do it, but if not do the minimum, help people out but don't let them expect you to be their cruise director!

Have a fantastic time!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

We cruised with a large group for my Mum's 50th birthday a few years ago with 44 family & friends. It was fantastic! We actually had some fun with it & had a pre cruise BBQ where we did up cruise survival packs for everyone with tips, packing checklists, luggage tags and a heap of other fun things. Several of our group hadn't met each other as they all knew Mum from different places and we had a number of cruising virgins so the BBQ was a great opportunity to let them get to know each other & also have their questions answered.

This was in the time where there was set dining and we had several tables close to each other in the dining room. But we have always found that the Maitre D to be very accomodating. As long as you let them know with enough time they will do everything they can to help out. If you aren't looking for your entire group to dine together on the first night I wouldn't rush too much to see the Maitre D especially if there is a big queue as it will probably be easier for them to deal with it during a quiet time.

For our cruise we organised a couple of platters through room service to be delivered to one of the lounges before dinner on the night of Mum's actual birthday & took the time to have some speeches etc.

We found that most of the time people occupied themselves but we did catch up regularly. With such a big group it was not worth the stress of trying to catch up all the time! We just had a few times where we caught up and the rest of the time if people asked we would all say what we were doing & if people wanted to join in with other people they were always welcome. To be honest that's how we handle every cruise whether we are cruising with 4 people or even 44, people do what they want to do!

Don't let anyone take the joy from your cruise! If like my Mum & I you like organising things then do it, but if not do the minimum, help people out but don't let them expect you to be their cruise director!

Have a fantastic time!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Thank you so much for the advice and information. We are doing similar things. Some of us are meeting the day before for lunch to get to know each other and I just thought I would organise a dinner or two and then let everyone know what cabin we will be in and take it from there.

i don't mind being the organiser, just want things to go okay.

Thanks again.

Archived